QE2 Bridge Cam

Glaciers

Originally posted by Post Captain

I've been lurking enviously on the January & April 2007 QE2 transatlantic thread from time to time... Had been hoping Maureen & I would be able to get aboard for one of the crossings, but alas, it didn't work out.

Tom and I concur with Transatlantic Tom that we're sorry to hear that you won't be crossing on her in 2007. We enjoyed reading about your ship-spotting experience with Maureen from the New Jersey side. It sounds like your spot in Weehawken is ideal - provided the conditions are reasonable. We watched the bridge cam around the time she was to sail and noticed that tour buses appeared to be still arriving.

In January our departure from NY was delayed by at least an hour due to extra time needed for refueling. We stood on deck while the dusk turned into darkness making the sailaway past the lights of Manhattan truly magnificent - made more enjoyable by the company of those remaining on board after our winter crossing.

Now we're off for a little ship-spotting of our own.:)

Archived