Samuel Cunard Key Club

Therapst

I thought I knew what the Turtle Club was, having just Googled it to make sure I'm horrified at the number of clubs for people that own turtles!

Of course, the correct answer is :YOU BET YOUR SWEET @$$ I AM!"

Of course this answer is predicated on the assumption that all turtle club members own a jack@$$. On this assumption is made the password.

If you do not answer, due to embarassment or some other reason you forfeit a drink of the asker's choice.

And we won't even get into the Cardinal whatever it is club. My skydiving club used to recite that one all the time whenever there was a good drunken get together (AFTER finishing skydiving for the day, or on rainy days, of course!)

Karie,

yes I HAVE jumped out of what passed for a perfectly good airplane (And as someone who has paid for the maintenance of an airplane, I can assure you, come inspection time, there is never any such thing as a percfectly good one. Not when there is money to be made fixing something that MUST be fixed!)

Nope.

Then who :) ?

I know he had a club called "Cunard Table Trash" which he spoke about at his retirement party.

Doug, Where o where is Herself going to dock tomorrow?

As far as I know, Manhattan. At least, a friend of mine has a friend who is actually on the crossing and says Manhattan, and I would figure that what they are saying on the ship is more likely to be true than what they are saying on the phone...

Yes but is this anything like the Francis Scott Key Key?

Apparently it predates the Francis Scott Key Key. Perhaps it was the inspiration for it ;) ?

No' date=' that's only given out by the First Lady (on a 'West Wing' episode in season 4).[/quote']

To Marion Coatsworth-Hay (sp?) of Marblehead, MA, whose name CJ finds incredibly funny. (When queried, she says she's laughing about "the budget deficit".)

This past January, the only channel on QE2 TV that was running 24 hours a day was a continuous loop of "CSI". Judging from the conversation on this thread I guess it should have been "The West Wing" instead!

• 1 year later...
From the 1995 World Cruise brochure (QE2 and Sagafjord):

Samuel Cunard Key Club:All passengers booking a QE2 World Cruise holiday of 50 sail nights or more are entitled to membership of the Samuel Cunard Key Club.

Benefits include special onboard amenities, services of a concierge, and an onboardcredit of $2,000per couple ($1,750 for singles). Club class flights to and from the ship are also included at no additional cost for passengers sailing 50 nights or more.

I knew I had some info somewhere I just had to find it.

Regards, Colin.

It sounds as though these benefits are no longer being offered or may be offered to grill passengers. Haven't heard of free club class flights to NY and back for Mauretania passengers! Anyone on this thread a member of the Key Club?

It sounds as though these benefits are no longer being offered or may be offered to grill passengers. Haven't heard of free club class flights to NY and back for Mauretania passengers! Anyone on this thread a member of the Key Club?

Back in 1984, my first QE2 crossing, I took the offered "business class" flight, not free but greatly discounted. This was the same crossing that I got an "up-grade" to inside double from outside single.

well, yes, Sid,

But someone asked about the Samuel Cunard Key Club. I remembered we discussed this exact thing a while back, did a search for it and voila! I did not mean to bump the thread. actually meant to add it to a thread someone posted on. (Maybe it was someone else who bumped it. As I had thought I posted a cut and past of Colin's answer to the 2008 World Cruise roll call post, unless I accidentally goofed and bumped this by mistake)

at any rate, it is germane, as many more people are reading the book that brought rise to the question. The one by the good Doctor who was on boaqrd one of the world cruises a while back.

Karie,

who intends to get that book.

P.S. I scrolled up. It looks like RMVET also did the search and bumped it.

It's always good to bring back an oldie but a goodie!

well, yes, Sid,

But someone asked about the Samuel Cunard Key Club. I remembered we discussed this exact thing a while back, did a search for it and voila! I did not mean to bump the thread. actually meant to add it to a thread someone posted on. (Maybe it was someone else who bumped it. As I had thought I posted a cut and past of Colin's answer to the 2008 World Cruise roll call post, unless I accidentally goofed and bumped this by mistake)

at any rate, it is germane, as many more people are reading the book that brought rise to the question. The one by the good Doctor who was on boaqrd one of the world cruises a while back.

Karie,

who intends to get that book.

P.S. I scrolled up. It looks like RMVET also did the search and bumped it.

It's always good to bring back an oldie but a goodie!

I wasn't complaining just pointing it out...I wish the West wing was still on....:)

I wasn't complaining just pointing it out...I wish the West wing was still on....:)

I never saw it. Sid,

I'll bet if we tried, we could dredge up some REALLY old threads. How about the one about fat people sitting on the cheaply made chairs ion the new QM2 and the chairs would break! I almost seriously disliked someone on these boards due to hateful posts about fat people!

But better, we should dig up the "What not to miss on QM2 thread. I think it's only back on page 5. I saw it when I was looking for the bucket o beer thread!

Karie,

who doesn't mind Sid pointing out the age of the thread. As long as he doesn't tell anyone MY age! <G>

Archived