Snorkel off the beach

fkfad

Which beach has the best off-shore snorkeling? We are looking at purchasing a day pass from the Hyatt, but if the snorkeling from the beach is not good, we will look for an alternative. Any insight would be appreciated!

Snorkeling off 7 mile beach will afford you a wondeful look at sand....

typically where the reef comes close to shore is not where the good sand beach is

We'd heard Sea Grape had decent snorkeling...the reef isn't far off the beach...but for the most part all the coral was dead. It has been over snorkeled for years I'd say. There were some colorful fish....a really nice beautiful conch that I found (alive) that the employees at the beach stands said they'd never ever seen a shell that color, and one really large fish feeding but otherwise it was not great snorkeling.

I have a feeling that none of the beach snorkel sites at Cayman would be that good because they've been so heavily snorkeled over the years.

If you want great snorkeling, I'd say book an excursion to the reef just offshore.

Archived