Question for Parrotmom

Zeno

I am hoping this gets by since it is off topic.

I understand that you have been to a Sunscape resort in the DR.

Was it the one in La Romana/Bayahibe or Punta Cana?

If it was the one at Bayahibe:

How was the beach?

How was the snorkeling?

Are the rooms suitable for 3 people?

I ask because we are considering that area for a winter vacation this year (been to the DR but not to the Bayahibe area).

thanks for any info.

Hi... there is a Sunscape The Beach inPunta Cana.. and there is a Suncape Casa del Mar in La Romana.. and It's the La Romana one that we will as of this February be there for the 5th time...lol The beach is white sand.. plenty of lounge chairs.. somewhere about 500....at least, a new pool is being built and finished off as I write.. the water is Caribbean blue and warm.. the food is delightful..no bands to wear... an Italian, Chinese, buffet (and this is really a great buffet) the Sanona Grille.. I'm not sure if it's cosidered for fish or for meat.. and the Jungle Bar..a restaurant on the beach. The rooms are large.. you can ask for a cot..ask for the third floor...with the vaulted ceilings.. The Suncape the Beach in Puna Cana is gorgeous.. they have a pool that meanders from the top of the property just about to the ocean... It is a large resort.. we were there the first month or two after it had been opened...The water is the Atlantic and can be rough... It is rather isolated and you can take a taxi to Secrets to eat there (for free) or gamble.. At night I understand there is a bus or taxi that will take you. If you want more inform. write me at parrotmom@comcast.net

Thx so much parrot mom (and Mallory's mom). It is the one in La Romana that I am interested in. It's now officially on the list of possibles for our next vacation.

Just have to stop bragging about the place..lol.. I myself usually book in November for the second week in February and needed this year the first week.... and would you believe the SUPERSAVER (ROH) rooms were gone.. I had to beg, seriously, Senior Hernandez, the head of the resort... I did get the okay the end of the week..lol There is a brand new building and brand new pool among other things that will be ready for our visit.. If and when you are seriously interested I'll send more information and pictures... So, when you need more information or sites please write me at parrotmom@comcast.net

Archived