Is a combo tour of white water rafting and ziplining possible?

epikure75

Hi. I've been combing all the Costa Rica tour websites in hopes of finding a shore excursion that included white water rafting and the zipline?? I know time is at a premium when we are on shore, but I was hoping a tour like this was possible. Does anyone know? Can you recommend someone or company I can check with? Thanks!!

Are you arriving in Limon or the Pacific side???
From Limon your chances of doing both appear to be slim at best. I had the same idea and concluded that the geography worked against me. The zip lines tour I wanted to take is the Almonds and Corals located south of Limon in or near the Cahuita National Park. From what I found out, it is ~60 minutes to get there from Limon. The Rivers that get rafted(Reventazon and Pacuare) are both North of Limon in what appears to be an equal distance. Here is a link with a pretty good map
[url="http://centralamerica.com/cr/maps/maplimon.htm"]http://centralamerica.com/cr/maps/maplimon.htm[/url]

Now if you could find a zip line operation North of Limon you might have a chance. I wasn't able to find one.

Good Luck
Rich

Rich has the time correct on getting to Almonds and Corals. It isn't really all that far from the port, but the roads are not very good getting there. The zipline over 1 1/2 hours, plus time for you get there and back.

You might want to post a question to Oscar Brown. He is the guide that took us to Almonds and Corals. He will drive you where ever you want togo. I would trust his judgement about the time you have to get to where ever you want to go. He can set you up for anything you want to do while in port. His CC board name was Limon. Not sure if he still has the same name since the boards moved.

Costa Rica was beautiful. I look forward to going back at some point in our cruising.

Happy Cruising,
Colleen

• 1 month later...
Ziplining is basically riding a cable from one point to another. You are in a harness and hang from the cable. Looks like tons of fun!

If anyone is able to contact Oscar Brown and find out if rafting and ziplining are possible in the same day, please post back here. Those are the 2 that I would LOVE to do and don't know how I would choose between them! We are suppose to be in port from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., so maybe we could make it work. (???)

Archived