Venice-Simplon British Pullman Short Trip Ques.

lauderdalebob

Unfortunately, the VSOE won't be making the journey from Victoria Station to Southampton when we are doing the crossing on March 26, 2007, I was told by my travel agent. Since we will be in London the weekend before this Monday departure, I'm thinking of booking either the lunch or the tea (both on Sunday, one from about 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 and the tea from about 2 to 4:40 p.m. Both at a cost of 150 pounds or $283 U.S. It is something I would love to treat my myself and my traveling companion to, but I wonder if anyone who has previously taken one of these lunch or tea 2-1/2 excursions can share his/her experience. Neither of us drink so the champagne, kir, etc., will make no difference, it's more for the experience on the train itself. Plus, I know the website says gratuities are included but feel free to tip if you like. Well, how much does one tip when the cost is rather extravagant and who gets the gratuity(ies) Thanks for any input.

Plus, I know the website says gratuities are included but feel free to tip if you like. Well, how much does one tip when the cost is rather extravagant and who gets the gratuity(ies)
I think most of us here would intepret "fully inclusive of all service charges" as genuinely no need to tip anyone any extra at all. You simply don't need to hand out anything more.

Archived