Seating Assignment

vancouver2010

Greetings from Vancouver! I was wondering how difficult it was to get a dining table assignment changed? How many people are at a "large" table? I have just registered and this is my first post. This is a terrific site and I want to thank everyone for all the great information. Hal cruisers are the best.

welcome -- most pax request a table size when they make their reservation - have you done that-- have you spoken to you ta about changing the size of the table you will be sitting at in the d/r -------------last resort is to see the maitre d' on sailaway day to try to get the table changed

Welcome to the board I'm new myself. I lived in Vancouver for 10 years but we moved back east in 2003. You'll find lost of wonderful advise here. None from me though as this is my first cruise with Hal.

Hi Vancouver - Welcome!

You'll find ALL kinds of opinions as to dining times, table sizes, locations, companions, etc, etc, etc....... You could do a search on any one of these.

Are you & your travelling partner celebrating a special occasion? Do you want to meet new people? Try joining the Roll Call for your particular sailing. Eventually you might decide you want to sit with some of the folks you "meet" there. Of you might want to roll the dice & just show up the first night & take potluck. You can always request a change with the maitre'd once onboard. You can also ask your TA to send you a seating chart of the dining room of your ship so you can request a specific table. But if you haven't actually cruised w/HAL yet, it might not mean a whole lot to you.

So, when are you cruising? This board is full of a great group of people willing to share an incredible amount of information. And we all love cruising. :)

Hi! What a great way to celebrate. Is it a BIG birthday? If it were me planning a birthday gig, I wouldn't choose a table for 2 or 4, I'd pick a bigger one. That way all of our new friends could join in the celebration, too. Everyone on a cruise is in a happy, party mood. Just my preference. :)

On the actual b-day, you can have a cake brought to the table. Not sure who you arrange thru. Ship Services or maybe try the "booked guests" tab on HALs website. I'm sure someone on the board here knows more.

On the actual b-day, you can have a cake brought to the table. Not sure who you arrange thru. Ship Services or maybe try the "booked guests" tab on HALs website. I'm sure someone on the board here knows more.

i would tell a d/r captain or my waiter the day before that you would like a cake the following nite----no charge and the waiters might actually come over and sing to ou

Archived