Noordam Hairdryer ???

betonic

I know that this may be a trivial question to most but I'm trying to decide whether to pack my hairdryer or not. I know that the cabins have hairdryers but are they strong enough? Most hotel room hairdryers don't cut it for me, are these the same??

Thanks in advance

When I was on the Zuiderdam and Volendam, they had 2 hairdryers in the cabins. One was in the bathroom on the wall and then in the cabin part in the dresser draw was another, more powerful hairdryer. I found both to be very good, with the bathroom one to do my hair just fine, but I have short hair. I believe the other hairdryer would be fine, seems to be more powerful than the bathroom wall unit one.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise.

Hi. I saw a post by betonic back in 2004 about traveling on a transatlantic cruise with your 7 year old. We are traveling on the RCCL Splendour of the Seas on their Transatlantic cruise next month, and have concerns that there won't be any children for my son (6yrs old) to play with. I've tried to find out if there are other children on the ship, but they won't give out any information. I was just wondering how your trip turned out. What Cruise Line were you on? Did your child have fun? Did the Children's program run as scheduled? How about evening activities...How did they entertain the kids at night (that's really the time I use the kids center so we can see shows dance etc.) Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

You're right, I'm just now going on my cruise. I'll try and post here once we get on board. We're going on HAL and they were nice enough to tell me that there are only 4 kids on the sailing. I was told by both HAL and my TA that the kids club would operate normally no matter how many children they had.

I sailed the Splendor in the Med a couple of years ago and really liked the ship. I didn't take my son with me on that cruise so I can't comment on their kids program.

The hairdryer on Noordam is really nice. It's quite sufficient for long, thick, takes-forever-to-dry hair (voice of experience here :) ). It's kept in the cupboard of the desk. It's got a funky euro-plug so Americans aren't likely to nick it & take it home. You can also have your curling iron or other electric device plugged in at the same time in the single American outlet.

Have a great time with your fabulous hair! :)

Archived