Crown Preferences - Michelangelo or Di Vinci

TourneyKit

I know these two rooms are serving the same food, but was wondering what your opinion would be as to which was better and why? We will be looking for a table for two most of the time and will be dining at different times, so I doubt we will reserve a table for a fixed seating. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I know these two rooms are serving the same food, but was wondering what your opinion would be as to which was better and why? We will be looking for a table for two most of the time and will be dining at different times, so I doubt we will reserve a table for a fixed seating. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We dined in both and had no problems in either. We always walked up, asked for a table for 2 and were seated immediately. We didn't have a set time to eat and our times ranged from 6 to 9...

We dined in both and had no problems in either. We always walked up, asked for a table for 2 and were seated immediately. We didn't have a set time to eat and our times ranged from 6 to 9...

Thank you for the reply. Was the service or ambiance better in one or the other?

We're just back from the 9/12 sailing ... and found it easier to get a table for two in Michelangelo. DaVinci really pressed for us to "join another table". One night DaVinci said it would be 20 minutes, so we took the pager and went to look through the shops .. and the pager went off before we got into the first store! One night DaVinci was quoting a wait of 30 minutes if we wanted to have a table for two... we went directly to Michelangelo and were seated within 5 minutes.

I felt the greetings and table service was friendlier in Michelangelo as well .. but my DH didn't sense a difference.

Don't miss the Crown Grill!

Guest BeckyThane

We were on the Crown 8/16 sailing. We did DaVinci the first night, and Michelangelo every other night. We found that because of the traffic flow patterns, most people leaving the theater went to DaVinci, instead of going down one deck to Michelangelo.

The only night we waited for a table was the first formal night, and the wait was only about 10-15 minutes.

We didn't sit in the same section more than once, so no comments about wait staff. However, we found Godwin and Ulyses (maitre 'd and asst. MD) to be extremely pleasant and helpful! They remembered us and our seating preferences, and always managed to pair us with absolutely charming dinner companions on those ocassions we requested a large table. We tipped them extra the last night. :D

The only food difference I noted -- based on very limited sampling -- was that the Fettucini Alfredo in DaVinci was nice and peppery. I think they share a kitchen with the traditional dining room, while Michelangelo has a separate kitchen.

Oh, and I prefer Michelangelo's work to DaVinci's, so I preferred the decor there, too. :cool:

We enjoyed dinner in DaVinci better than in Michaelangelo. The second night we had dinner in Michaelangelo and found that our servers were

less than polished and very slow. After that we went to the DaVinci and found Juan and Juan and were so pleased that we asked for them for the rest of the cruise.

I just got off the 9/12 sailing and I think it really depends on your wait staff. We went to DaVinci twice and didn't enjoy it very much, although we loved our first waiter in Michelangelo, so we just requested to be seated with him every night. We had Roberto and Harry, although Roberto told us his last cruise with the Crown was the 9/21 sailing as he was going back home to Portugal for his 6 week vacation.

If you find a wait staff you really enjoy, I would recommend asking for them when you walk in every night, as we did. We only had to wait once, and in fact, we waited for a little, and then they put us 1 table over in another section and told Roberto that he would be switching this table with another waiter just for us. I find that I love getting to know the wait straff, and them getting to know what we enjoy (although it was a little much when our waiter took it upon himself to order us like 5 desserts one night!! But of course, we didnt mind! :)) You dont' need to make resrevations, but when you walk in you can request to sit in whoever's section you would like.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived