Golden Eagle or Captain Morgan?

DanishBeauty

Help!

I am so confused. please advise me between these two excursions. Do they both go to an island where you get off and onto land?

Also, I noticed the Golden Eagle has easy accessibility with the ladder in the middle, but how do you get on and off of the ship on theCaptain Morgan charter?

I love to snorker but my DH does not. He likes the beach and the free flowing caribbean drinks!

Do they both have decent food and drink? The prices are almost the same.

Thanks,

You always give such great advice.

P.S. pictures of either tour would be greatly appreciated.:confused: :confused: :confused:

We did the Golden Eagle in November 2004. You could stay on the boat, if you like. We did go up and down the ladder to access the water - other option was to jump in!

Once we were at the Island, my husband and older son snorkled, while the younger two kids and I just played on the beach. The crew came around with drinks while were playing.

On the way back to the dock, they served sandwhiches and champagne. They even offered Shirley Temple's in champagne flutes for the kids.

It was a great excursion - lots of good music, too.

I can only speak to the Golden Eagle, which we did twice last year and we absolutely loved the excursion. Photos in my PhotoBucket.

We did not do their Cruiser excursion, but did their Island Farewell Friday Sailaway, which is an all-day trip. They do the cruiser's sail to Tintamarre, but then continue on to sail around the island instead of returning to Great Bay.

You get off the ship at the island by jumping overboard or going down the central ladder. On our days, the ladder dumped you into about 6 feet of water.

Drinks were served continually. On the trip over, on the island, in the water, etc. After the island, sandwiches and drinks were served. Ours were basically ham and cheese, as I recall. Not gourmet, but a great treat at mid-day.

gary

p.s. We didn't try it, but I'm not sure how the snorkeling at Tintamarre could be very good.

Archived