Liberty handicapped cabin

Colette

Has anyone stayed in stateroom 1004 on the Panorama deck. I'm traveling solo, so booked this cabin because of the deck it was on. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Our friend had the cabin on empress deck. (7206) THe beds can not be put together - they sit head board to headboard. What he liked most about the cabin was when he opened the door it staye dopened where on past cruises the doors always seem to shut before he was in the cabin.

2030749760062547426fXUEUk_th.jpg

right next to you is a door that goes outside to the front of the ship- rarely did people go out there. most dont know its there. You could use this area as your own private balcony although no chairs are there only benches.

2523361550062547426dCCJGH_th.jpg

WHen looking out your window you will see the wall.

2523144570062547426hOPFvL_th.jpg

Thanks for the info and pictures. On the Panorama deck there is another room between mine and the doorway to the front, that's why I picked the higher deck. I wasn't sure about traffic going through, but I expect it won't be much. I wonder if I could bring a lounge chair out there-looks peaceful. I may get moved, if someone else needs the cabin, but at least I know what it's like. I don't need to have the beds together. Was your friend handicapped or did he just book this room, as I did?

http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LI&deckCode=2

SInce you are sailing solo-- may I suggest you check out 1A in cabins 2462 or 2465.

These cabins are 1A's have two huge windows in the cabin. (2 beds of course but the cabins are a lot bigger then a reg oceanview cabin.

2752283290062547426mvydeS_th.jpg

this cabin sells for a lot less then an oceanview cabin but you get the best of both

That's for the pictures and room numbers. I looked those rooms up and neither is available. There aren't too many choices left. I booked a 6A and because I'm a past cruiser, I got the upgrade to 6E, so this was the best of the choices. I'm hoping that someone will need this cabin and I'll get an upgrade to a balcony room-that would be awesome. I stayed in a balcony room on the Panorama deck, last cruise and loved the location to everything, so being as I'm alone and only need one bed, the way they are arranged looks like it leaves enough floor space. Is there a couch in this room?

Thanks

Re you asking if there is a sofa in the 6E? you booked a 6a and got upgraded to a 6E?

wow-- kewlenss. and I am very surpised as these cabins are family cabins and sleep 4 people. the 6E features floor to ceiling windows.

Now if you are asking about the handicapped cabin on the Panaroma deck-- there is no sofa there-- jsut the two beds.

Sorry-I got upgraded to a 6B, not a 6E and although I like the Panorama deck, I really want the sofa, so maybe I'll change rooms. I wanted to keep this room hoping to get switched and hopefully an upgrade, but for the price of the single supplement, I want to be able to sit up, not just on a bed, so I'm going to call my TA and see what she can do for me. Thanks, I'll let you know.

I paid $1793.00 for a cat 6, oceanview, but my TA said I could pick my room. Ithink I should have booked a guarantee, also. I'll be talking to her this evening and I'll try to do that. The only way I'll get out of this room is if they need it for someone handicapped and there is still another one left. Meantime, the ship is filling up fast. I don't want to get stuck there-I like the deck, but not the very front of the ship either. Thanks-I'll let you know-you're very helpful. Are you booked on a cruise now?

I am always booked on a cruise. Caribbean Princess for February 18, 2007 (single supplement is 1279.00

and Carnival Elation for August 27, 2007. (single supplement is 699.)

Now I am looking for a land vacation for 2008..

--

Have you checked the group boards located on CruiseCritic. Sometimes those single supplement prices are a lot better t o digest.

If you get stuch with that handicapped cabin--ask for extra pillows and make the second bed your sofa.. (use the bed further from the door for sleeping as that other bed has a call button locatyed by your pillow

Serene,

I changed my room to 2352 on the main deck. This isn't a room that was listed on Carnival. com, but my TA called them and had me on the phone so I could pick quickly, as rooms are booking fast. There are no cat 8 rooms left and I didn't want to pay more, so at least I have a window, sofa and bed that can be used as a king. I usually book a year out and have a better selection, but was waiting for a friend to decide whether she wanted to go and she didn't want too commit to something so far away(!)-not a cruiser, obviously, so I got stuck with less choices. This is a better location for motion, also, and I do have a little vertigo, so the front of the ship wouldn't have been good for me. I have always traveled with my son, but he's in college this year, so I'm on my own. We usually alternate a cruise with DisneyWorld, because that's my other favorite trip and we were there in February, so cruise for me this time. Looks like you have gotten some good rates for single-do you book lowest category, guarantee? Well, off to work-I feel better about this choice-thanks again for all your help. Coolette

We usually alternate a cruise with DisneyWorld, because that's my other favorite trip and we were there in February, so cruise for me this time. Looks like you have gotten some good rates for single-do you book lowest category, guarantee? Well, off to work-I feel better about this choice-thanks again for all your help. Coolette

I get those rates because I book 14-15 months in advance. My Princess cruise is 300 less per person then what you can get today off an internet price. So it aint bad planning that far in advance.

Disneyworld is also a favorite of mine--but joe is Disney'd out. My next trip will be in 2011 when the grandbaby turns 5. (I wanted to do a Dec trip but Joe's job wont allow him tim off in Dec or Janaury

Hi Serene,

My son "outgrew" Disney after the last trip, but not me, although if I was doing a land vacation on my own, I'd pick one of the islands, book a room on the beach and totally relax-sun and ocean makes me happy-and shopping, of course.

Does Joe cruise with you? I wasn't sure if the prices you quoted me were single rate-seemed awfully low. I've sailed in a suite for not much more than I'm paying this time,but that was for 2 of us. I guess it's because it's spring break and I didn't book far enough out. Oh, well, it will be awesome! I had $400 in air vouchers and when I decided to fly home a day later, the price was $146 less, so now I have a $90 voucher for next time. I really like those 2-1A cabins, for that price-my guess is that they sell first! I'll try next time.

Yes, Joe cruises with me as do some of my kids at one time or another. (all are booked for the Elation.)

I get a group together to get the cheaper rates. so thats why you see a solo rate for so cheap...

--

I was looking to do a land vacation to Aruba in 2008 and liked to go in February but the price for the hotel was 600 a night but if I changed to November the price is now less then 200 a night-- (for both of us)

so I am rethinking November. We visited this beach while on the destiny last week. sat there and watched the sun set. (it literally just drops and it was the most awesome relaxing time we have ever spent.

It was the first time we ever got in the waters together. me- believing in shark attacks etc.

I think its because this beach dont have waves-- its all rather calm- the sand dont move when you are standing in the water so i dont have the feeling of being taken under.

Have you ever done the disney dining plan??

I grew up on the ocean, so I love the water, calm or rough and never seem to think about what might be in it, at the time. I'm not sure if psycologically I would want to do the Stingray tour, again, after what happened to Steve Irwin, but we did do it lasr cruise-my son didn't like having the stingrays brush against his legs, so got back on the boat and I stayed in the water until we had to leave. I snorkled in St. John a few years back and it was so beautiful, so I think I'll do it again, this time.

Aruba sounds beautiful and a great price in November.

We did the dining package for the first time in February and I loved it-a little confining, in that you seem to plan your day around eating, more than the rides, but we got to eat in some new and wonderful places, that we wouldn't have, otherwise. I kept track and we ate over $400 over what we paid for the plan, so definately worth it. Not good if you just eat burgers and pizza-I love fine dining when I'm on vacation. When I cruise I like to eat all my meals in the dining room, if possible.

On cruises especially I love being waited on-- the dining experince is a must.

But last cruise didnt fare so well since dinner was taking too long waiting between courses and stuff. So we ate in the buffet which wasnt bad.

I like to have at least one breakfast and lunch in the dining room during the week. breakfast for sure in the dining room the last day. Less people less confusion-- a nice way to end a cruise.

I have never stayed onsite at Disney and will do so for our next time.

really want the savanah view at animal kingdom but wowsers is that price out there.. I can cruise for a week for what they want for that room for 2 days

We always stay on site and did stay in a Savannah room at Animal Kingdom lodge the trip before last, at Christmas. It was so beautiful and I loved seeing the animals right outside of our balcony. It was more than a moderate, but less than the other luxury hotels. I like to stay in a different hotel each visit. We've been at the Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I want to stay at the Polynesian next.

I was just searching photo albums of Liberty pictures, including your and saw your Bon Jovi pictures. I took my son on a mini-vacation in August of 2003 to see them at Giants Stadium. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to and it poured form the minute they came on stage-never been so wet in my life, but it was awesome. Spent a couple of days in NYC,also.

You are so organized-I have hundreds of travel pictures, but I have each trip in a plastic container, with souveniers, etc. Anyway, I'm enjoying looking at yours and the others.

Bon JOvi was a free concert- we had season tickets to the Phila Soul games and as a perk Bon Jovi did the pep rally each year. Nice free concert.

Sometimes we see him sitting in a private box watching the games. seems funny someone like him sitting around watching football.. lo

Free concert-even better-I do enjoy looking at the man!

Which dining room do you get for 8:30 seating?

wow is that what time you are dining???

the midship dining room has the later seating. Which is closer to your cabin anyways--lol

I always choose the latest seating so that if I'm in port I don't have to rush back to eat early. I also find I can stay up later that way. I like to order something from room service, if I'm really hungry-no chance of going hungry!

I notice some new items on the menus since I cruised 2 years ago, which is nice.

Archived