Liberty handicapped cabin

Colette

I seem to stick with the beef dishes, except I get both prime rib and lobster tail when they have it. I just wish they would bring it on one plate-don't want double of everything and feel like a pig. Speaking of doubles-sometimes I have to have 2 desserts, because I love the pineapple sorbet, but still feel the need for something sinful besides. I've been dieting for so long that maybe I won't want to eat so much-ya right. I may even go to the gym this time-I like to get up early.

Ok I am really confused now. Originally I booked cabin 6336 on the Liberty with the balcony. Carnival knew I had 3 people in this cabin. I was upgraded to 1030. 8E what does this 8e - 6a...etc mean? Will there be a couch/bunk bed or cot for my son to sleep on. I am not happy paying all the money for a cot??????

Please help.

Thank you

Ok I am really confused now. Originally I booked cabin 6336 on the Liberty with the balcony. Carnival knew I had 3 people in this cabin. I was upgraded to 1030. 8E what does this 8e - 6a...etc mean? Will there be a couch/bunk bed or cot for my son to sleep on. I am not happy paying all the money for a cot??????Please help.Thank you

The liberty does not have roll aways. you will have three beds.

on carnival a cat 8 is a balcony. a cat 6 is an oceanview. a cat 4 is an inside. the letter denotes the deck--with the lowest letter being the lowest deck--riveria- which is also the cheapest. the higher you go the more you pay,

1030 is a cat 8 and is a balcony-- it only sleeps two people. Are you sure you have the right cabin number?

Please call the agent ASAP and get this worked out right. If you are booked for 3 people and this is trully your cabin--someone is not registered to cruise.

did you book a balcony or oceanview?

You also booked one of the highest cat balcony cabins (under a suite) so you had to expect to pay a lot.

taking a gaurantee on this class ship-- no bad balconies..and its a lot cheaper.

I am not here to cause any problems, however you just freaked me out. I've only been on 2 other CC's and am still new at this. I got a rate for all 3 of us for $2358.30. I needed to put $900.00 down. I did all this through Nell who is a CC travel planner.. I have all this confirmed in writing.

I just called the 888 and spoke with Briggett Price. She assured me that CC would not book 3 people in a 2 person cabin. The computer system would not allow this. My Mom and Dad are in room 1032 at a rate of $579.00 pp. I asked how many can sleep in that room. I was informed 2 singles that convert to a queen and a pull down. (bunk bed)

I am just so new at all this and possibly being overwhelmed with information.

I just want everything just right. :)

??? Originally we were booked in 6336 got an upgrade I am being told to the 10th deck. On the same level as the pool with the slide. I really cannot worry no more. When we get there and this room only holds 2 I am sure CCL will make it all right. Do you have a pic of this room? :)

??? Originally we were booked in 6336 got an upgrade I am being told to the 10th deck. On the same level as the pool with the slide. I really cannot worry no more. When we get there and this room only holds 2 I am sure CCL will make it all right. Do you have a pic of this room? :)

I dont think you want to wait til you get to the pier to make sure. If someone is NOT registered they wont be cruising. Your agent is correct that carnival will not let you book 3 in a room that only holds 2 people. That is why I ask if that is your cabin.

http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LI&deckCode=P

there are only 4 cabins on this whole deck that can accomadate more then 2. (1060 1061 1064 & 1065.) these cabins hold 4 people with a upper bed and a convertable sofa. It does not pull out - the back comes off and its made to a bed.

here is a photo of a cabin that holds 4 people-- since you wont be using the upper bed you wont even see it

87143026yQqpwQ_th.jpg

PS-- 6336 only holds two people too. (Please make sure everyone is really booked and someone was not dropped out of the booking)

http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LI&deckCode=P

there is the deck plan.. and the legend to tell you what is in each cabin.

WHere you got that information may be generic. Most balcony cabins have sofas. Not all convert to a sofa. Very rare will you find a sofa that pulls out into a sofa bed. Carnival site will state convertible sofa.

Serene,

I have a question about my stateroom that I hope you can help me with. I had originally been booked in 1003, handicapped room and I changed to 2352. My TA said that Carnival said they would move me if they needed this room for 3 people, but I don't see that it looks like a 3 person room. If they move me, what am I apt to get? It looks like cat 8, 11 and 12 are all gone, on the website. Thanks for your help. Colette

http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LI&deckCode=2

2352 is a oceanview cabin. It does hold 3 people and your agent is correct. If the ship sails at capacity and someone with a family of three wants that cabin you canbe moved to another oceanview cabin.

By looking at the above site-- look at the legend. some cabins have stars in with the number some have little sqares. some have the little arrow (whiche denotes its a connecting cabin.

In your cabin is two beds that convert to a king and a convertible sofa bed.

I see a lot of availabilty on oceanview cabins.. 1357 is available as is 1411. (both are on RIveria deck. I see a lot of other cabins but really dont want to see you book into a connecting cabin since "noise" may be an issue there from the connecting door.

All of the rooms available are either handicapped or connecting rooms except for 2278, which I assume is a 3 person room. I don't want to be moved down a deck to Riviera-that's why I didn't book there. I booked a 6A and was upgraded to 6B-so do I have to take a lower deck or would they upgrade me? Do I have to move? I've never done this before, as I always had my son with me, so it makes me nervous. Thanks...

2278 is another 3 person cabin.

There is nothing wrong witht he riveria deck-- its actually one of the quietest decks there is. Its the place to be if you hit rough waters. the lower you go the less motion you feel.

If you book a cabin for 3 you stand a good chance of being moved if that cabin is needed.

I say-- stay where you are until final payment.. youmight find more availabity then- this is when people cancel without penalty.

I think the time you are cruising is still low season. Easter and spring break isnt til the end of the Month and you are sailing the begining?

Yes, I'm going to stay with this room and see what happens. I really like the location of this room and didn't know until after I booked it that it was a 3 person room. I really think I would have been unhappy in the handicapped room, so hopefully this one will stick. There seem to be quite a lot of availability. I was trying to go before the high spring break time, so it could be in my favor-I'll have a great time no matter what-I'm just spoiled from having balcony or suite before, but can't swing that alone, so will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for all your help. Colette

May I muddy the water a little. I have a similar situation; booked an 8A guarantee for three adults; found out yesterday (using the Kelly Method) that Carnival has us in an 8C, cabin #8401. Carnival website has all three names listed on the booking and Funpass has been completed for all. Problem is, according to the deck plans, 8401 is a cabin for 2. Called my TA and he assured me that Carnival would not put the three of us in a cabin that would not accommodate us. I was also concerned about the possibility that someone was going to have to sleep in a rollaway. TA says no rollaways on the Liberty. but that many cabins have hideabeds that are not shown on deck plans. Guess we will find out when we board.

Hi Cruzman,

I have the same problem with the tenth deck room 1030. I am promised that my son will be able to sleep on the sofa. It does not pull out, however sounds more like a futon. This is only my 3rd cruise and I refuse to have an inside side cabin since I get extremly sea sick, I need to have the fresh air available at all times. I've paid for 3, cofirmed for 3 and reassured by 2 CC employees my room is will be able to have 3 people sleep. I even posted the email sent however it was considered advertising and was deleted. Was not aware of this policy. My BF and family memebers reassured me CCL will not mess with our vaction. Since the Liberty which I believe is still cruising the Med. We will need to wait and see all the post when the ship returns next month or so.....:)

cruzman: Your agent is correct with stating carnival wont allow you to book 3 people in a cabin that only holds two. Makes me wonder if the ships cabins were configured recently. (If so they really should update their webpages.)

Archived