Grenada,nearest beach to port ?

GeorgieBoy

Can anyone help ? We are visiting Grenada on NCL Spirit 4th Nov 06 and are thinking of doing the river rush tubing excursion through NCL. We are on the island from 8am -6pm and this only takes up 3hrs.I it easy enough to get a bus or taxi to the nearest beach ? is the nearest beach Grand Anse beach ? Are there any others not too far away that we could try ?

Or is there something that we shouldn't miss on this island ? Thanks in advance

I have not done this, but have read peoples notes and in the travel books. The water taxis are near the dock. I'm assuming that you tender here, so keep that time in mind. It is not far and there also are cabs. I think it can be done easily, because I read other people that have. I think this is a very poor island and I would at least try to spend some time and money here. Don't forget to pick up some nutmeg.We are there on the Crown in Jan. from 7;00 to 1:30.Not enough to do all I would linke.

Grand Anse is about 10 minutes away by either water or road taxi. They will both drop you off in the area of the vendors market which also has bathroom facilities.

If you want to go slightly further you could go to BBC beach at Morne Rouge which will be much quieter. It takes about 5 minutes more by road taxi.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sunshine,

Yes, there are chairs to rent on Morne Rouge Beach, and there is a good restaurant also.

Tell your taxi driver what time to pick you up for the return trip and get his business card with telephone number. The restaurant you have a sandwich or drink in will be happy to call him for you.

On cruise ship days there are boats which will take you to Dragon Bay if you ask. Negotiate price in advance and make sure he knows what you will expect from him. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Archived