Any Suggestions???

marc and jan

We will be traveling on a cruise to Hawaii in March that will be leaving out of Los Angeles. We are arriving one day early and need a hotel for the night hopefully with transportation to the ship. I am looking at the Holiday Inn in San Pedro which I had seen mentioned out here on the boards. They have a very reasonable package that includes breakfast and a shuttle to the ship.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for this hotel or other hotels in the area? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I would suggest visiting the port section of these boards, and LA specifically. There are usually great hotel suggestions there. If you don't get any there, go to the Floataway Lounge and find a thread there named something like Curt Jerome Wild and friends. You can ask him and he'll give info. But be specific, like if you want a boutique hotel or something. He has the low-down on just about everything in that area - especially shopping (part of his job).

We will be traveling on a cruise to Hawaii in March that will be leaving out of Los Angeles. We are arriving one day early and need a hotel for the night hopefully with transportation to the ship. I am looking at the Holiday Inn in San Pedro which I had seen mentioned out here on the boards. They have a very reasonable package that includes breakfast and a shuttle to the ship.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for this hotel or other hotels in the area? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Marc & Jan,

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown in Long Bech prior to our cruise this May, from San Pedro. It is not that much further away from the pier and they also offer free transportation to the ship. We found weekend rates for a car rental and were able to rent a car at the Airport and drop it in Long Beach and the rate was less than $20 for the day. This gave us a little time to do a little sightseeing before we left for the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Gordonchick - thanks for the advice, I will wander over and see if I can find this Curt Jerome Wild and friends to ask his advice.

Cruiser2004 - thanks to you too, is Long Beach a better area than San Pedro? If you don't know I'll try to ask the person Gordonchick suggested.

Gordonchick - thanks for the advice, I will wander over and see if I can find this Curt Jerome Wild and friends to ask his advice.

Cruiser2004 - thanks to you too, is Long Beach a better area than San Pedro? If you don't know I'll try to ask the person Gordonchick suggested.

Marc & Jan,

We made our decision based on reviews we found on the Internet. We found the information on tripadvisor.com We have found that the reviews, from unbiased customers, were very helpful. Unfortunatley, as with many areas this day and age, we were advised to be carful when walking around at night in both San Pedro and Long Beach. If you decide to stay at the Holiday Inn be aware that there are two in Long Beach, one at the airport and one downtown. The best hotel is probably the Westin in Long Beach, but it was a lot more expensive and only offers "free" ship transportation if you booked thru Celebrity.

Thanks

Jan, we stayed at that Holiday Inn when we did our Mexico cruise on Norwegian. It is the easiest place in the WORLD to stay. We did their "park and cruise" thing cuz we drove in from Phoenix, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again for any other cruise. Our room was awesome...nice decor, comfy bed, and the breakfast the next morning was good too.

When we got back, we called the hotel and the shuttle was there in less than 10 minutes!

Becky

We stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown Long Beach. It was a decent hotel, clean and comfortable and we found it adequate for the price. The morning of our cruise we drove to Simi Valley to the Reagan Library and found it very interesting. If you decide to rent a car there are many things to do and see in the area.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived