Snorkeling - Need Recommendation

willbrook

Spouse and I are planning a Caribbean Cruise on Princess in Jan 07. We would like to do some snorkeling - but only once. Our itinerary includes Antigua & Barbuda, St. Lucia, Grenada, Martinque, St. Thomas and Princess Cays. Any recommendations on which of the above ports would provide the best snorkeling would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

St Thomas and/or St John gets my vote. We love to snorkel and swim- have booked a sail/snorkel trip in St Thomas with a daysail company that we found on these boards, and just can't wait to get there, although our cruise is not until June/07. We will spend the day snorkeling and leave the shopping to others.

Out of that itinerary (which is a wonderful one I might say) I would suggest snorkeling in St. John (on a boat from St. Thomas). It has some wonderful snorkeling. I have been to most of those islands and if I had to choose one to snorkel at, it would be St. John (St. Thomas).

St Thomas/St John for sure. My brother is a dive instructer (although we don't scuba), and he told us the best snorkeling in the Caribbean is off the back of a boat at St John; he likes Caneel Bay from the water, or Hawsknest Bay. I take his advice on any water sport, and he hasn't been wrong yet. :D

In response to the previous post that the best snorkeling in the Caribbean is off the back of a boat at St John, we are still looking for 1 or 2 cruise ship passengers to join us on Sunday, Nov 26, 2006 for a 6 hour day on the water at St. John trying scuba diving and snorkeling with Colette, owner/operator of 6-Paq Scuba, St. John VI. We can do a 4-hour boat trip which includes a Try Scuba class and a dive that counts as Dive 1 if you decide to get your Open Water Certification for $125/person or a 6-hour boat trip where we can stay on the boat and do a second dive or snorkel for $145/person. Colette will pick us up at Red Hook and will provide all equipment for diving and snorkeling. We'd really like to Try Scuba with Colette and would love to make a nice 6-hour day out of it and enjoy Colette's favorite snorkeling spot. There are only two of us, and we need a minimum of three, preferably four, to do the boat trip. If anyone is interested in learning to scuba dive in St. John and snorkeling from our very own boat for the day, please let us know. You can see what Try Scuba is all about and read about Colette's Fun Dive Charters at www.6paqscuba.com.

Archived