New H2O Teen Program & Camp

CatP27

Our oldest son was 17 on the Pride in March. He (and what seemed to be 25 of his new best friends) did participate in the Teen program some. They seemed to enjoy the things that they did...but they did not feel like they had to "commit" to being at every function.

This is a difficult age. Especially the years between 15 and 17. There can be huge differences in maturity between those 2 years.

As for Camp C itself, our boys have grown up going "through the ranks" and have had nothing but positive experiences over the years.

I assume you mean Club 02 (or did they change the name on me.....:p ). When we were on the Valor last December with our twins (boy and girl just a couple of months shy of 17), they went to a few activities. In general, they thought that the crew member in charge was aiming activities more to the middle school age level...rather than the high school crowd the group is intended for. However, the meet and greet the first night enabled both of my kids to find some friends to hang out with during the week, so I would highly recommend that your teens attend at least that activity the first night.

I suspect that the success, or lack thereof, of the Club 02 activities varies from cruise to cruise...depending on the group dynamic and the staff member in charge. One thing I do know is that any crew member who works with any of the kid activities has a background in some form of education, child development, youth recreation, etc......or comparable work experience in those fields...in order to even be hired by Carnival to work in those areas.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Archived