Black DJ with Black shirt. Is this OK on QE2

victor meld

This will be our first cruise and we picked the QE2 as this is a very formal ship ........and also we see the QE2 has a large dance floor that we hope to use.

Now then Meldrew, take no notice of these dizzy American women - they'll never understand the English. Did you say 'disco' at your Hunt Ball? I suppose one can expect no less in Blair's Britain. You are spot-on with your observations of Blair and Brown. Who would want to look like them? The thought of that lugubrious monochrome misery Brown being the next P.M. is enough to make one emigrate. Our hounds should be chasing HIM instead of Reynard. Just a word of warning about your perception of the QE2 having a large dance floor..... if you are a proper ballroom dancer you may be disappointed. Ship's ballrooms are never large. The QM2 has the biggest... any more than 20 couples on the floor and you may as well not bother. That's 40 people ... and there's often over 2500 passengers on board. Work it out for yourself. One lock-step and a quick open reverse and you would be sitting on the drummer's knee! To most couples who just want a slow social dance it doesn't matter. But keen ballroom dancers get very frustrated. However, do enjoy your cruise .. I shall be dancing at sea when you are, but not on the QE2. Bon Voyage.

Graham...what a wonderful choice for your first cruise. I dare say your wife will get her full quotient of evening gown attire!! I can understand her excitement....I have been boring everyone I know, including my poor husband, for the past 9 months about our up-coming QM2 cruise in Dec!! Actually he's threatening to move out if one more gown arrives in the house!! ;) Tell her to stop by our QM2 Roll Call for Dec 2nd (look for it on the main forum page under "Roll calls--all other cruise lines...or something like that) if she wants to chat with some other cruise clothing obsessed people! We have a great group and the wardroe is a frequent topic! She's welcome to join in...we have several "honorary" cruisers who visit regularly.

You'll find plenty of helpful people on here so just ask anything and someone is bound to help out. Cheers, Penny

Graham,

Your wife will never look out of place, even wearing a long gown on an informal night. Honest. It's one thing I love about cruising. The chance to dress up, which I rarely get at home. Even our highest prices restaurants, it seems accept corduroys, and such- You'd look silly in a gown- except maybe prom night. Then you'd look like a chaperone!

Penny, If you need to order another gown, ship it to my house, I will repackage it in some box with a medical looking name on it, or maybe a dog food kind of thing (Tell him, it's special eqpt for Bear doing therapy dog duty) so he won't be any the wiser.

BTW, Who is taking care of Bear while you are on the Dec 2nd? Maybe he could get a special kennel rate on the QM2 since he is a therapy dog. Kind of like a seeing eye dog- Only it will be good therapy for him to be with y'all on your cruise! And good for him, and the other passengers, too!

Nah, Didn't think so!

Karie,

who is still watching the Queen at her berth in Bayonne. Hasn't left yet.

Karie...that's one of the things I like most about you...you have the potential to be as devious as I am!! Great idea on the re-packaging...with 2 months to go who knows what kind of shopping trouble I'm likely to get into!! :eek: Making it look like something for Bear is inspired!! Truly devious!!:D

I already suggested a QM2 kennel excursion for the Bear...I got voted down with silly things like...he'd be cooped up all day...he might get sea sick...you can't take him to your cabin...geesch...a bunch of poor sports I'm traveling with!:rolleyes: So no therapy for my fellow Dec 2nd cruisers I'm afraid. The Bear will be languishing with his favorite Dr and kennel gal (she also owns one of his sisters so there's this sort of "family" relationship thing she feels she has with Bear) Don't like thinking about it since except for the scary poisonous snakebite night he's never spent a night away from us...and this is a whole 8 days!! :eek:

Anyway Graham...to stay on topic...tell your wife to pop on over and chat about her gowns with us.

Cheers, Penny....one of those dizzy American women mentioned previously

Archived