Coral-Cozumel Mexican Cuisine Excursion?

JolleyRoger

I booked this exc. through Princess off the Coral.

Here's the romance copy from Princess:

Mexican Cuisine: Cooking & Tasting

Learn the secrets of preparing delicious Mexican cuisine from a local chef and then enjoy some free time at the beach.

WHAT YOU VISIT

Board your transportation at the pier for the short drive to Playa Mia Grand Beach Park®. Upon arrival an individual work station will be assigned that includes all the ingredients and utensils required for the creation of a delicious Mexican meal, which you will prepare under the guidance of the chef. The chef will assist you every step of the way and answer any questions. Once the food preparation has been completed, enjoy your own creations accompanied by fine Mexican wines and a festive Mexican atmosphere. After sampling the “fruits of your labor” and before your transfer back to the ship, enjoy free time on the beautiful beach. There are complimentary beach chairs, non-motorized water activities including kayaks, paddle boats, a water trampoline and floating mats. Beverages are served throughout your stay at Playa Mia.

SPECIAL NOTES

Minimum age required to participate is 18 years old. Bring a towel and adequate sun protection.

I've read some great things about it from other boards. Anybody here have any experience with this excursion? What'd ya think?

Sounded like a nice relaxing day after all the stuff we're doing at the other ports of call.

Jolley-Roger-Just returned from the CB 9/16/06. We did the "Deluxe Beach Day at Playa Mia". THe lunch was very good. We saw the people cooking right beside our buffet table. It looked like fun. The beach is nice, they also have a small swimming pool. THe drinks are very strong!:D They were included in our excursion. There is a lot of construction going on here, due to the Hurricane, but it didn't damper our day in the least. The people were so gracious, and couldn't thank us enough for coming! I would book this excursion again in a Heartbeat! Enjoy!!

We did that excursion back in March. It was amazing!! We had so much fun. Be careful though, the drinks are strong - just the way I like 'em!! ;)

I think it depends on the group you are with. We were the early class and we had a ball. We were laughing and having a great time. The second class seemed a little more subdued and weren't as excited as we were.

But it was a truly great excursion. And the food was really good and not hard to make.

Have fun!

We saw the people cooking right beside our buffet table.

You obviously had a great time with your excursion.

Question...

When you say could see people cooking next to your buffet table... we're they the people from the cooking excursion?

Thanks for your review!

We did that excursion back in March. It was amazing!! We had so much fun. Be careful though, the drinks are strong - just the way I like 'em!! ;)

I think it depends on the group you are with. We were the early class and we had a ball. We were laughing and having a great time. The second class seemed a little more subdued and weren't as excited as we were.

But it was a truly great excursion. And the food was really good and not hard to make.

Have fun!

Thank you for replying... it sounds like a great time from everything I've read.

My DW and I have a tendency to have a great time doing... whatever! :D

Questions..

What did you prepare?

Drinks were comp right?:rolleyes:

How much beach time did you have afterwards?

Thanks again SFC!

The cooking class takes place under this huge pavilion. The cooking class is in one corner and the rest is used by everyone coming to the park. Once we were done cooking they had picnic tables reserved for us to eat.

I would say you have about an hour or so to hang out on the beach. We just stayed at the picnic tables and chatted with everyone. And they kept giving us drinks so, hey, why go to the beach, right?!?! :) Yes, the drinks are free (and strong!). You have to order the marguaritas.

Since we stayed at the picnic tables and gabbed, which is why we saw the afternoon class come in and start cooking.

The food was a fish dish. I think it was grouper but I don't remember completely. There is also a corn salsa-like side and desert. I don't want to give away too much more but it was definitely a fish dish. It was not burritos or tacos or anything that side of mexican.

Again, it really depends on the people you are with. The people running it are great and if you have lively people it will be quite fun. Our tablemates became are good friends for the rest of the cruise. It was truly one our best, if not THE best cruise... Well, that is until the fire... :(

Archived