Price has gone up?

dfchawks

OK, I am new to the cruising scene and was looking over the Celebrity site and on the 4 day PNW out of Seattle Oct 8th 2007 the price has gone up $30 from what I had paid. Full payment has been made to my TA, so my question is, will I need to pay the extra or am I locked in at the price I paid? I booked a CC Penthouse (1024) for $539 and now the cabins accros the hall which are also CC (1025) are listed at $569.

Been watching the board and thought I would check hoping the price would go down.

Thanks for the answers.

You are locked in at the price you paid if the price goes up. If the price goes down, you can get the lower price only if the regular price goes down - not if there is a happy hour special (for new bookings only) or certain restrictions such as age or residence on the lower cruise price that you don't meet.

Prepare for a great trip!

Anyway, I am in agreance with Hajekfam.....

The prices do however sometimes drop about 3 months before the cruise, if its not selling quick enough. Most of the price adjustments we have had are within that time.

For the next year you are most likely to see the prices going up as many put their deposits down. its at that 3 month mark when people start to cancel without penalty that cabins open up and sometimes the price drops.

But keep checking!

Dave:eek:

You booked at the right time. I have yet to see the cruise price go down from what I paid. In fact, I booked for April 7th last week and got the last sunset balcony (I believe)- the line isn't showing anymore available on Century. So, it isn't just price- it is choice of cabin.

Always good to plan ahead. In fact, if you cancel this far out you get a complete refund- so good to lock in.

I've seen prices decrease frequently on cruises we have booked. We booked, onboard Constellation this past May, a cruise for next month, on Infinity. The price...before final payment...decreased approx. $1000.00 per couple. That was a substantial savings, and this is for an Aft CC cabin.

Watch Celebrity's site daily. The prices do change. If your particular cabin is sold out, then it's irrelevant to you.

Karyn

Archived