Questions about De Palm Island

treesah

This is being posted by "Lionslongtale". I am treesah's significant other.

We are taking back to back cruises and will be on Aruba two separate days, one on each cruise. We are interested in going to De Palm Island on our own.

We understand the public bus takes you close to where the ferry to the island leaves. What bus stop do we get off?

Can anyone take the ferry, or do you have to be on a tour? If anyone can take it, what is the fee for the ferry?

Is there a fee to enter the island? If so, how much?

We are interested in snokeling. Once on the island, can you get to a good snorkeling spot from the shore, or do you have to take a boat?

We are considering renting a motor scooter from town. Can you take a motor scooter on the ferry?

Any answers to above plus other info re: De Palm Island will be appreciated.

This is being posted by "Lionslongtale". I am treesah's significant other.

We are taking back to back cruises and will be on Aruba two separate days, one on each cruise. We are interested in going to De Palm Island on our own.

We understand the public bus takes you close to where the ferry to the island leaves. What bus stop do we get off?

Do not know, but email www.arubus.com before hand. If you have to walk from the main road to the ferry terminal to catch the boat over to the island, it will be a hike in the heat.

Can anyone take the ferry, or do you have to be on a tour? If anyone can take it, what is the fee for the ferry?

I am 99.999% certain you must purchase one of their packages. In 11 years I have never heard of just buying ferry fare. The ferry as far as I know is solely used for transportation back and forth to the island and not sold separately. In essence you are paying to use the island and the ferry is just included in the price to get you there.

Is there a fee to enter the island? If so, how much?

Try contacting Depalm directly.

Passport to Paradise

$50.00 per person for 4 hours

$65.00 per person for 8 hours

Inclusions: Transportation to the island, Food & Beverage, snorkel equipment & instructions, guided snorkel tours, the new Blue Parrott Waterpark with 6 slides and about 70 watergames and beach facilities.

We are interested in snokeling. Once on the island, can you get to a good snorkeling spot from the shore, or do you have to take a boat?

Yes, snorkeling is from shore.

For an additional charge they offer:

Snuba: Like to snorkel, but not ready for scuba? Then try Snuba (SNorkel+scUBA)! Breathe easily underwater without wearing heavy restrictive scuba diving gear and go to a depth of 20 feet. No snorkeling or scuba diving certificate necessary.

Sea Trek: Walking under water has never been easier or safer than with Sea Trek. Using a specially designed helmet and air supply system you can go to a depth of 20 feet, explore the underwater world without even removing your glasses or getting your hair wet. Just breathe normally and walk. No experience necessary, great for the non-swimmer.

We are considering renting a motor scooter from town. Can you take a motor scooter on the ferry?

Do not know.

I aways discourage people from renting scooters on the island. Mainly because the roads on the island are poor, but also overcrowded and drivers are not as cautious as you would like to think.

Another note, it was mentioned on the forum quite recently that De Palm would not sell them the package when she volunteered they were cruise ship passengers. Some companies have contracts with the ships and I believe have some sort of an "agreement". I do not know if this is a fact.

Archived