Facts on the Sun

Traveler723

While I've been on many cruises, this is my first on Norwegian. I asked for a brochure and they said THEY DON'T HAVE ANY. I am shocked. Could someone tell me the following:

Which restaurants are free and which do you pay for

Do I have to wait until being on board to register for them taking your luggage to the airport for you

I know this has been posted many times but the replies are so varied: can you still manage to bring some wine in your luggage

Thanks for any info and happy cruising to all

While I've been on many cruises, this is my first on Norwegian. I asked for a brochure and they said THEY DON'T HAVE ANY. I am shocked. Could someone tell me the following:

Do I have to wait until being on board to register for them taking your luggage to the airport for you

I know this has been posted many times but the replies are so varied: can you still manage to bring some wine in your luggage

It'sw true that NCL doesn'tr have brochures for each ship, they do have them for various destinations, which have pages devoted to all the ships sailing to those destinations. You can find brochures for Alaska, Bermuda, Hawaii, Caribbean, etc. You'll find pages devoted for the Sun on Alaska and Caribbean brochures.

There's also the Fleet section on NCL's web site that includes most of the information, possible more, than what you can find on the brochures. Tommorrow, NCL's web site is supposed to be updated, I don't know how long this link will work, but here's the Sun's Fleet link today:

http://www.freestylecruising.com/fleet/09/sun.htm

Ginza Japanese Restaurant fee

Il Adagio Restaurant fee

Le Bistro fee

Seven Seas Dining Room free

East Meets West fee

Pacific Heights Healthy Dining free

You can bring all the wine you want but expect to pay $15 per bottle corkage even if you plan to drink it in your cabin. They scan every bag for security and wine bottles jump off the screen :D Box o wine might make it:rolleyes: but if detected expect to pay corkage on it when you get called to a public room to open your bag and remove the suspected contraband.

We just came back from the Majesty and our box which was in our luggage was not detected. We never had to pay a corckage fee and we kept it out in our room the entire week. We even went to a bar each night to get glasses and snacks for the room.

Don't know which restaurants are free on the Sun, but we did take a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne with us in our carryon. I asked a couple of people about paying the corkage fee, and they kept telling me I could pay it later. Never happened, so we ended up not paying it. I figure if I ask about it twice, and no one wants my money, I'll keep it! ;) But don't get too worried, we drank more than enough wine in the restaurants and from room service to make up for it!

Archived