Has Anyone Got Married Onboard The Mariner?

Hello All,

We Are Now Thinking About Getting Married Aboard The Mariner In Port Canaveral Before We Sail. Has Anyone Done This? The Prices Seem Very Reasonable And What A Way To Start A Honeymoon:) Please Let Me Know If You Have Any Info.

Tim

I'm getting married on the Mariner October 3rd before the ship sails out of Port Canaveral. The chapel can only hold 40 people so if you have more guests you'll get married somewhere else on the ship. I've also heard that the aisle is VERY short in the chapel. We'll have 70+/- guests with us and will have our wedding and reception in the Lotus Lounge. We're having a 2 hour reception with a DJ and Lunch Buffet. The prices are reasonable for a simple wedding with the cake/champagne reception that is included with most packages but once you start adding (upgraded flowers, DJ, food, photos, etc.) the prices are close to what you would pay for a wedding on land. We are all so excited and it will be worth every penny!!!

Jessca3 - if you haven't stopped by yet, there are a bunch of us Cruise Critic folks on the cruise with you. I think there is at least one newlywed couple in the group (getting married the day before).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44402

Are all your friends (guests) staying on the cruise with you or will they go back ashore after the festivities?

Hope you have a great wedding and honeymoon and an even better life together.

I did talk to a couple at the Midnight Buffet who got married on the Mariner for the July 4th sailing..poor bride had to traipse around (I did see her then too) in her gown with her lifejacket on for the lifeboat drill (which took forever!..longer than usual!). Anyway, she said everything was beautiful, reception was nice, loved the idea that they could bring guests on board..still lots of decisions to be made on music, food, etc. The one thing she would change..getting on the ball with guests who brought children (many parents didn't have birth certificates for their kids on hand and had to scramble)...also the names of the guests had to match EXACTLY what was on their birth certs/passports when she gave RCCL their names (ie guest list)...lots more security measures and she did say their were some hassles...so make sure your guests have their ducks in order and you start the planning EARLY!

Wow! This Is Soooo Imformative For Us....i Thought I Read Somewhere That Only 10 People Were Allowed To Attend The Ceremony, Is This Not Correct? I Cant Wait To Hear More Of What You All Tell.

Tim

Not getting married on ship but we are getting married in Orlando. We thought this gave our guest more options on wedding day and places to have a reception. about 30 of the guest are joining us on our honeymoon on the mariner. we are chartering a bus from the hotel to the ship. we are staying in the RS. Woo Woo!! (8/14/05).

I didnt get married on Marnier but Monarch when it was sailing caribbean in 2001 and was awful. The cruise was great but wedding was embarrsing. the company that Royal Caribbean contracts to plan and execute the wedding is Royal Romance. Let me just say you pay "x" amount for them to do their job of planning and executing and they dont.

The cruise was wonderful and husband and I are now cruisin addicts. We enjoied cruise with wedding party so much we are doing repeat this Nov.

My suggestions are to get married at hotel prior to departing and then sailing with everyone.

Good Luck.

I am planing a wedding on Mariner of the Seas for 2005. If you call Royal Romance at the number on RCCL's web site, they will fax or email you a long document with all of the prices and policies.

The way I understand it, you can have more than 10 non-sailing guests at your wedding, as long as you book a reception on the ship.

RTHIEBES: Do you know if the non-sailing guests need copies of birth certificates/passports? I was told that they only need a copy of their drivers licenses? Obviously kids don't have drivers licenses - so do they need their birth certificates if they aren't sailing? I am confused :-) Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

It looks like I am going to have approx. 70 guests on Mariner for my wedding as well (in 2005). So - since that is too many people for the chapel I am wondering what my options are going to be :-)

Did they let you choose Lotus Lounge or was it assigned to you? It looks really pretty (on virtualtoursusa.com). Did they give you any other choices?

Are most of your 70 guests sailing with you, or are they non-sailing guests?

Good luck with your wedding! Please post your review and let us know how everything goes! :-)

I was told by Catherine at Royal Romance that the Lotus Lounge is the only place that can hold that many people for a wedding set-up. Since we are having the lunch buffet, the reception will also be in the Lotus Lounge. If we were to choose the formal sit down dinner, we would be in the main dining room, which is not private and no DJ/dancing!

We have 52 guests sailing with us, the remainder will be leaving the ship after the reception.

Thanks for the well wishes. I will most definately post a review when we return - only 60 days away!!!

Archived