Sea Sickness and Alcohol?? plz

87SPECIAL

Hello.

April of this year, I embarked my first 7 day cruise, with about an hour of sailing out of port, i began the treacherous journey that is SEA SICKNESS. Although i was determined not to let that ruin my holiday, i was infact cabin bound for the first 2 days until i had an injection. Afterwards, i was put on tablets and told not to drink too much:mad: which made me a strangely antisocial :eek: not to mention my throat had been converted into a fun hating sewer pipe.

I plan to be prepared for this next time (tablets etc), but i would also like to DRINK and enjoy my birthday onboard.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much. :p

Hello.

April of this year, I embarked my first 7 day cruise, with about an hour of sailing out of port, i began the treacherous journey that is SEA SICKNESS. Although i was determined not to let that ruin my holiday, i was infact cabin bound for the first 2 days until i had an injection. Afterwards, i was put on tablets and told not to drink too much:mad: which made me a strangely antisocial :eek: not to mention my throat had been converted into a fun hating sewer pipe.

I plan to be prepared for this next time (tablets etc), but i would also like to DRINK and enjoy my birthday onboard.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much. :p

Can't you have a good time without drinking???? I can.

My Doctor said I could still drink on Maxolon. I didn't really put them to the test though as I only popped two for the week. I will find out what my sister took every night as a preventative - she had no signs of seasickness and enjoyed a few drinks everynight.

My sister used Avomine from the chemist and had no problems with seasickness or drinking while taking them. She would take one everynight at bedtime and thinks they may have also helped her sleep.

None of our group never had any problems withe sea sickness tablets and drinking. As long as you dont go completly overboard there shouldnt b a problem. On our cruise in feb i ended up getting tonselities (spelling?) and got put on antibiotics plus i was taking sea sick tablets cause i was feeling a bit sick and i still managed to drink my fair share. :D

thanks so much everyone. and yes, i would like to enjoy a few drinks for my birthday, considering i missed out last time. i dont mean going 'overboard' :p but i just want to be on the safe side.

once again, cheers for your time guys.

xoxox

Archived