Galaxy - Questions!

Hflors

DH and I are thinking of booking a cruise on the Galaxy next year. We have an oppertunity of book a FO or A deluxe ocean view. Has anyone stayed in both of these cabins. Are the FO worth the extra money? I believe they are on the back of the ship so do you feel any motion. Also the other cabin we are looking at in in the very front with the window facing forward. Anyone ever stayed there and how did you like it? Thanks in advance.

I thought the aft FO cabins would be really cool with their extra space but after research of looking at pics on webshots, it looks like there would be an open deck outside your window. I'm not sure how I would like that with others possibly standing outside my window.

I thought the aft FO cabins would be really cool with their extra space but after research of looking at pics on webshots, it looks like there would be an open deck outside your window.

There are indeed open decks at the stern, with cabin windows looking out onto them. They became some of our favourite spots to sit (you can drag/carry a chair/lounger down the steps to each deck) because they were, to be truthful, largely empty. But the open decks do exist.

We stayed in an FO on the Galaxy and found it quite spacious and it was wonderful to have the partician in the middle of the room. The window was large and there was a lot of extra drawer space. We had a great view out the window out the back of the ship and rarely saw anyone on deck. It was great to have the deck out there because it was actually a very easily accessible private area.

The only down side was that the cabin shook horrible as we entered and exited port.

CS

cs1 said:

We stayed in an FO on the Galaxy and found it quite spacious and it was wonderful to have the partician in the middle of the room. The window was large and there was a lot of extra drawer space. We had a great view out the window out the back of the ship and rarely saw anyone on deck. It was great to have the deck out there because it was actually a very easily accessible private area.

Which deck ws your FO cabin on?

Thanks to all of you who answered. I think I'm going to pass on the FO. One reason is there is only a double bed in the FO in an ocean view the two twins put together make up a king. I will probably book a deluxe ocean view. Now here is my next question. What is the difference between a deluxe ocean 172 sq ft and an ocean view 172 sq ft. I'm sorry I can't figure what makes some cabins "deluxe" and some just "ocean view" The cabin I am interested in are on deck 8 the front facing cabins. Has anyone stayed in them, if so was it nice to face forward. According on one of the on line web sites it says theses cabins have no "sitting area" is this true? I looked at cabin 8007 which is on that front line of cabins, but I can't tell if the window faces forward or to the side or both, does any one know? ANyway thanks for anyone who can pass on the info.

PS I guess as long as my cabin doesn't have a pole in the center I should be happy!

I don't know about the forward facing "deluxe ocean view" cabins. But what makes the other "deluxe" cabins different from the other ocean view cabins is the layout. The deluxe ones have a little sitting area under the window, and the beds are crosswise across the cabin. There wasn't a lot of free floor space for moving around, but the little sitting area was nice. It's easier to enjoy the view out the window if the beds aren't right there. This is 8157:

cabin8157.jpg

Archived