Wedding Photography w/ Royal Caribbean?

Orange044

Hi everyone: my brother is getting married this July on the Freedom of the Seas and we are wondering if anyone else out there has used the Royal Caribbean photography services for their weddings/parties and how you like it? We were concerned after they sent us some samples which looked like any teenage photoshop employee could've taken them! Please let us know your experiences and tips!

Thanks,

Stacey

Orange044@comcast.net

(feel free to email me personally):confused:

It's really hit or miss with the RCCL photographers.

To the best of my knowledge, you dont get a professional wedding photographer, you get a person that they hired to do the regular, on board, photography.

www.image.com is where you can review the package options availiable and (I think) these are the same people who contract out the photographers to the ships. Call/email them to ask about credentials.

We had some good pictures and some not so good pictures. It is still beyond me why the photographer didnt tell us about a HUGE shadow going accross the entire wedding parties forehead when we took a picture in the solarium.... It would have been a great picture....but then there was this shadow accross everyones forehead... all she had to do was say "threre's a shadow, step down one step" :cool:

My suggestion is to buy a package (the cheapest package) where all the negatives are included and ask your photographer to not be shy about snapping any pic they see. Also encourage your guests to do the same.

You can take the negatives to Wal Mart and have them put onto CD for about .17 cents a pic.

That way you are sure to get a good batch to choose from.

Happy Sailing!

Wow.. great info. We don't want to pay for additional time with the photographer, so I was thinking of giving him a list so it would be quicker during the hour long reception. Buying the negatives - that is awesome. I never heard of that. Im going to check out that website. tks.

• 2 weeks later...

I was married last year on the VOS. I had a fantastic Royal Caribbean wedding and would do it the same way in a heart beat. I too read all the horror stories and became very nervous, but my day was great!

In regard to photography, my pictures are EXCELLENT. So good, in fact, many of my friends who married locally and searched endless hours for the perfect photographer were jealous! After the photos were taken, they did try to up sell us to a $2000 package, but in the end they let us by the negatives on CD for $400 and we had our own prints made here at home. It worked really well for us! What I would recommend for your brother is to make sure he is specific in telling the photographer what he wants. We, for instance, wanted a lot of bride and groom shots so, we have a lot of them.

One more thing....we did pay for an extra hour of photography. I think it really made the difference in the quality of our pictures and we have over 400 negatives....I think it was worth it!

What is it, about $80 for an extra hour of photography? I would also encourage you to purchase it, especially if you plan on buying a package that includes all your negatives.

Last Monday I was married on the Monarch and everything was just beautiful.The photography was much better than I expected,after looking through all the photos taken,we chose an additonal 13 5x7's and as a gift to us our friends bought us 4 8x10's. We ended up spending $150 for everything including a slideshow that the photographer made for us. I agree with Sas80 some pics are good and some are bad. Hopefully you're pleasantly surprised as we were.

We plan to just get the negatives. We have an extra hour of photog during our 2 hour reception. I also am providing disposable cameras for the guests and have asked all my friends to take as many photos as they want to. I think we'll be good.

Archived