5 in cabin

cnjmom

Similar to other posts, I also need to put 5 in a cabin.. twins age 7 and a 4 year old. I often find the twins in the same twin bed each a.m. so beds aren't an issue, and I am sure they could care less about showering or brushing teeth so bathrooms aren't an issue.

To compare two cabins verses a suite, How does the pricing work????

If we do two cabins, would I have to pay for 2 adults in EACH cabin first, and then pay a third party child rate for 1 of the cabins?

On a suite, I think it would be 2 adults then a third passenger/4th passenger and then is there a 5th passenger discount? or is it just the 4th passenger discount twice?

What is the third/4th passenger discount?

Thanks!

assuming you don't want to put 5 in a cabin---which you can do on alomost all celebrity ships and many carnival ones---then I find that 2 regular cabins are cheaper than suite b/c there are so many cabins and only a few suites, so cabins are cheaper---you pay 1 and 2 regular fares, then 3rd person fare for 1 cabin---depends on time of cruise---xmas, spring break, etc. almost no discount for 3rd person--other times of year, alomst free (which is why we sometimes do 5 in cabin, when kids were $79 extra each), but for this spring break, we got 2 cabins, b/c $ was the same. you MUST register at least 1 adult in each cabin---so you and hubby must split up---they don't care when you get on board---we got adjoining cabins---book early and there is no eatra charge---otherwise, if you had a little older kids, then take baby monitor for other cabin ( I have a 7 yr old and would want an adult in cabin with her). so you and hubby might want to split up just to sleep. or book 2 cabins and all sleep in 1 and just hav ethe other cabin for napping and extra space for showers, etc. I have priced suites, and they are ALWAYS higher than 2 cabins.

to book 5 in a cabin you will have to talk to a agent. I have not seen nay site that will list 5 passengers.

But if you are booking 2 cabins (connecting) you will pay full price for 4 of the people and only the discount price for 1.

Do a search for 4 passengers to determine what you want. (Only older ships will allow you to book 5 in any room) if you put 5 in a cabin- 3 of those will get the discount price.

You want to book a true quad that way you will have 4 beds. You dont want a triple and a sofa bed and a rollaway.

Depending on when and which line you cruise on the 3/4pax rate can be almost the same as an inside rate. If this is the case you can maybe get 2 inside connecting for the same price as 1 cabin with 5. Two bath rooms 2 T.V sets and the extra space can be helpful.

Carnival is usually the line that has the cheapest 3/4 pax rates they have a CAT 6E on Destiny and Conquest class ships that hold 5. These cabins are also located on the same deck as Camp Carnival.

With RCCL ships I find the 3/4 pax rate almost the same and in some cases more than an inside rate.

Archived