Sockets on the Spirit ????

GeorgieBoy

Can anyone help ? We are sailing on the Spirit 10/29 in one of the penthouse suites (special occasion) and not sure on what type of electrical adaptors we need.Our appliances will have 3 pin UK plugs on them. I have found various quotes on different websites about the voltage:

"Because this ship was built for the Asian market, all wiring is 220 volts. There is one 110-volt plug in the stateroom, but it has a maximum capacity of 500 watts. Most hair dryers start at about 800 watts, and if used in these staterooms, will blow the circuitry for an entire corridor of cabins. Leave your hair dryer at home and plan on using the wall-mounted one provided."

This still doesn't answer my question, Do I need a 2 pin adaptor like I would use in the US or can I use a UK 3 pin plug?

I am only going to be using it to charge the camera and Ipod so the voltage wont be an issue.

Maybe this is a question for Shoreguy ?

thanks in advance, Kathy

We were in NCL Spirit AC suite 10022 and it only had one US type outlet in the living room (near the bar) and as you noted, not for anything over 500 watts. We used the outlet to charge camera batteries and our cell phone (We brought a power strip as the outlet is in a corner and hard to use with some chargers) I did manage to use my dryer in that outlet on it's low speed.....which was just as useless as the wall mounted dryer in the bathroom. The bathroom dryer started to burn your hand after a few minutes.....had to wrap a face cloth around it to use it long enough to get my hair dry......All the other outlets were the round two prong type. The rounded 2 pronge adapter that came with my hair dryer would not fit in the sockets. Hope this info helps...........

Tokathy,that helps alot and thanks for the tip about the extension lead I think my Dad has one,he loves all things electrical.

Shawneeindian,yes I have been missing from our roll call for quite some time,not good seen as I started it !!!!!!!

Just been very busy with the house and things,I will be back soon :D

Archived