booking another cruise while on board???

strype2

We are sailing on the Explorer January 21, 2007 out of Miami. We are also thinking of booking the Explorer out of Bayonne for the July 29, 2007 sailing. Should we just book it now or are there perks to booking whle on board in Jan.? July 29 is our 35 wedding anniversary and our Daughter and Son-in-Laws first anniversary. We will all be doing an anniversary cruise.

On our last cruise we were offered an on board credit of $50-$200 depending on the length of the cruise. However, you must get there early and make an appointment (get on a list) or wait and wait and wait. We got tired of waiting (twice) and left. Heck, we were on vacation and I could sit on a couch and listen to my wife bitch at home. Just kidding honey. Honestly we did get up and leave though.

The shipboard credit definitely makes it worthwhile to book on board. Keep in mind that if you have a favorite TA you can still transfer the booking to them. It's a normal booking in all regards plus you get free $ to spend.

As far as a line up goes, I've never had a problem. I walk by and if there are a few people I come back later. I've got a whole week to take care of it. That being said, some loyalty ambasadors are more available than others. Some are also much better than others so do your homework before boarding.

I think you can still access the RCCL site for free while on board as well. Saves you time and trouble if you know what you want (including cabin) and just go there and ask them to book it.

You take the risk of the price going up if you wait till Jan. The month before my Enchantment cruise the price for my Jan 08 Explorer cruise went up $100pp. I ended up breaking even because I qualified for a $200 OBC. Regardless it was still a great price for a 12-night cruise.

Archived