Beef?

sheephugs

Our family recently went on the Zuiderdam. My daughter doesn't eat beef (not a religious thing..she just loves cows) and the dinner entrees were mostly beef. She was wondering if the Zaandam served more variety? I know they always provide a vegetarian dish but she's twelve and won't touch tofu, hummus, etc.

Actually I was very surprised at the limited seafood offers (I think Carnival was better in seafood choices). Shrimp was usually limited to an appetizer. Didn't think to ask to have the surf and turf to be surf and surf, I guess you can do that. Unfortunately veal is baby cow.

There is at least one fish entree offered every night.

Peaches posted the seven days of menus for Maasdam and every evening had a fish dish. I am quite sure all the ships do that all the time.

A young girl like her might be satisfied if she ordered an appetizer, soup and a salad, bread and butter ....perhaps add some vegetables which normally would be side dishes to the entree. Maybe that would be enough for her on a night she didn't see any pasta or fish she wanted. If she is truly on a path to becoming vegetarian, she will learn to find protein in soy sources etc But for the duration of her cruise, she should be able to manage fine.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just too conventional..never thought to order just appetizers or side dishes by themselves (yeah, I'm the gal who refuses to toss the peanut shells on the floors at the steakhouses!). My new matra will be "there are no rules, eat like fools".:)

Archived