Walkie Talkie FOS

They work just fine. Many people use them.

The problem is to not OVER use them though. Much like cell phones, sigh, they are obnoxious to some of your fellow guests and are probably best used judiciously.

Your fellow crusiers will thank you.

Jim

You can use walkie talkies but try to keep it to a minimum because they can be pretty obnoxious. A lot of people don't abuse them and I thank them for that, but there's nothing like sitting in the Viking Crown lounge trying to relax in peace w/a cocktail and the paino when people come storming through on their walkie talkies and then they (funny!) find out they've been in the same vicinity as eachother the whole time. Just keep the volume down, that's all. I don't need to hear where Bobby and Uncle Jim are through loud beepy static. Please don't flame, just being honest! :D

Laura

You shouldn't have a problem with them. I would recommend getting a set that has multiple channels as there will be many other people using them.

I've also heard that you can get ship phones from guest relations as well.

What are ship phones?

I just got off the Freedom and we used walkie-talkies. They do work onboard, but there are some areas that you don't get a signal. And my WT's range is about 14 miles. But we did get mixed up on someone else's channel, and it ended up being pretty funny, because you think the person that is answering you is the one that's supposed to be answering you, but it's not! LOL But yeah they do work.

Archived