Beach Towels ...

TwinsMommy

Beach towels are provided.

I have always received them in my cabin - one per person automatically. You can ask your steward if you don't receive them or if you would like more. After you use them leave them in your cabin with other used bath towels and they are replaced daily by you cabin steward.

You can also get them on the Lido Deck by the pool. You will have to show your S&S card and sign them out.

You are welcome to take these off the ship to use in ports of call as well. Just be sure you return them!! You will be charged for those that are not returned. Some people bring their own to avoid loss/charge but personally I never have.

No need to bring beach towels...Carnival will supply you with those. However, if you lose it, they are $20 each to replace and you will be billed.

All depends on what you want to bring...formal wear, clothes for dinner, medicines, sodas, water, etc...

Browse the boards and you will find plenty of ideas that you can take or leave!

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising!

With the two small children I would suggest bringing a backpack with small beach type toys, pre-packaged snacks (like gummy bears, cheese nips, cookies ), individually wrapped wet ones wipes and a small bottle of antibacterial gel like Purell. These can all come in handy when going ashore. You can put the beach towels in this bag or take another beach bag for your things and the towels.

I take my own thin beach towel with me on cruises. It takes up very little space in my luggage, and if I lose it,or it's taken by someone on a beach, it's not a biggie.

The main reason I take my own is because the big blue towels Carnival has in the cabins (specifically for taking ashore) are much too large. If I put one in my tote bag, it's so bulky, it would fill the entire bag; they're also heavy, and I don't want to carry it around in my bag all day. (And yes, if you lose one, your S&S account will be charged $22.)

Towels are provided on deck for your use there and returned to the attendant before leaving the deck.

As far as other items, please take whatever you think you might need for the kids and yourselves. Items like suntan lotion, ointments for sunburn or after sun moisturizers, etc. are quite expensive in the sundries shop. I once had to buy a tiny tube of super glue, and it was almost $4.

Archived