Norwegian Dream Accessibility

cruisedolly

This is a great ship for wheelchair people!

A. Either inside or outside handicapped rooms work well.

B. Easy access to all decks

C. Most important is the fact it is a midsized ship and the pusher isn't having to push nearly so much as on the large new ships.

There are some limitations for Electric Carts.

A. Inside cabins would make for tight turning between the bed and the bathroom door. Barely do able. Outside handicapped on deck 9 are marvelously large and the best size of any of the 18 ships I have travelled on.

Excellent for the carts.

B. Because the lip is an inch and a half high to go out on deck on 11 and 12 and there is no ramp for the carts it is difficult going out. Lots of bumping that could ruin the cart if done excessive times.

We are just back from a 17 day transatlantic and it was fabulous. The staff was most helpful.

My husband has MS and tires easily. He was wiped out when we arrived at Heathrow Airport . Never fear!!!! We were not in the airport more than a total of 15 minutes. The NCL people had us through customs and on the bus instantly. When we arrived at the pier, even though we had not asked for it (because of having the electric cart with us) a staff person was there to great us with a wheel chair. What a blessing! My husband was too tired to drive his cart. There was no line at embarcation and rolls and drinks were served as we checked in. We went straight to our room. Excellent service was had pierside in Miami and Houston as well. We stayed at a hotel one night in Houston and I was worried about getting the cart onto the hotel shuttle bus. Never fear! NCL had arranged a big limo to take us to the airprot. This is the best pierside service of any cruise we have experienced. This was our first time on NCL and our 18th cruise. I would highly recommened their staff and services to any handicapped person.

Archived