Dissapointed, stateroom concerns.

well, I definitely want my husband and I to be able to sleep "together", so I guess whatever arrangement will allow that will be fine with me. I'm not worried about my 3 yo sleeping in a pullman as long as there is a safety rail. Like I said, he sleeps on the top bunk at home and does fine, he's actually one of those 3 y.o. (ahem 3 and a half he'll have you know) who's faster, braver, tougher than our 8 y.o. son!

but thanks for all of the advice, I'm sure we'll come up with a solution that works for us.

well, I definitely want my husband and I to be able to sleep "together", so I guess whatever arrangement will allow that will be fine with me. I'm not worried about my 3 yo sleeping in a pullman as long as there is a safety rail. Like I said, he sleeps on the top bunk at home and does fine, he's actually one of those 3 y.o. (ahem 3 and a half he'll have you know) who's faster, braver, tougher than our 8 y.o. son!

but thanks for all of the advice, I'm sure we'll come up with a solution that works for us.

When my niece and nephew were younger, they would have been intrigued by the pullman beds and would have considered that part of a great adventure! (Actually, as teenagers, they probably still would, they just wouldn't admit it. ;) ) Try not to worry. It sounds like you have enough options to work out the sleeping arrangements just fine.

Have a fabulous trip! :):)

You will have a grand time...and love the whole cruise!

I just can't picture an adult crawling up there after a day at the pool bar ....

Yeah, and what woud happen if that adult fell out and landed on whoever below!!! :eek:

This reminds me of when I was a kid...Our family of 6 used to camp and cross the country with a small trailer in tow behind the family Ford. Only then the upper bunk was just canvass and guess what happened when that ripped??? :eek:

Have a great time, we always did:D :D

Also, the ship appears to be sold out. AT least through online booking it doesn't show any other cabins available in any category, much less the same category.

I would still call. The ship can be sold out but not alll cabins occupied. Once a ship reaches it's quota per the coast guard it is sold out. I f there are alot of 3-4persons/cabin then there may still be open cabins. It can''t hurt to ask.

We're booked on the Radiance #8102 in Jan and our cabin is suppose to have a pullman and pull out sofa.

I've been trying to find out where the pullman is in the room and have to admit it surprises me that it may be over the two beds! Yikes!

You're worried about a 3 yr old falling on you...I'm not thrilled about my 175 lb 16 yr old possibly falling on me...LOL!

Seriously though I am not going to want him sleeping above me like that...maybe we'll have to reconsider and put 11 yr old DD in the pullman.

I knew DH and I would have very little privacy in a small cabin but it didn't occur to me that the kids would literally be right above us...LOL!

I still can't wait!

The pullmans are actually very safe. While DD isn't exactly a big girl, we never once worried about her falling out even on the day that we have very large swells. She said it was very comfortable. And since we were only using one of them, the cabin steward made sure to pull down the one that she could still watch tv from. The safety bar will be adequate.

From what I understand, the sofa bed's aren't very long and if you 16yo is tall, he might be pretty uncomfortable in the smaller sleeper sofa... just a thought.

Regardless - everyone will have a great time!

Archived