Carnival Handicap access maps of the ships

sara_anonymous

I am not handicapped but I came across this info while searching around on carnival's website and wanted to share it with those of you who may need it. It's pretty cool and shows which elevators to take that will help you get into different places. Also it lists all the handicap rooms in blue and marks different accessible paths to take to get to places and is probably the quickest too!

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_guest_special_requirements.aspx

Enjoy your cruises!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I am not handicapped but I came across this info while searching around on carnival's website and wanted to share it with those of you who may need it. It's pretty cool and shows which elevators to take that will help you get into different places. Also it lists all the handicap rooms in blue and marks different accessible paths to take to get to places and is probably the quickest too!

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_guest_special_requirements.aspx

Enjoy your cruises!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for posting this. My parents are cruising with us ( their first cruise) and my father is 72 yrs old. He rides a scooter and it's big, I'm worried about it fitting through the doors. My PVP told me on the phone it should fit through, I sure hope so or we have a problem..

thank you for posting this. My parents are cruising with us ( their first cruise) and my father is 72 yrs old. He rides a scooter and it's big, I'm worried about it fitting through the doors. My PVP told me on the phone it should fit through, I sure hope so or we have a problem..

We cruised on the Carnival Spirit ... BIL used a scooter and they had a mini suite (not handcap accessible cabin). His scooter fit thru fairly easily. The only issue we had was in the dining room. By being at a table for 6 up by the window, he had a very hard time getting around the narrow corners. The staff had to move their set-up tray holder so he could get by.

I just found this map on the site yesterday. I jokingly said to my DH this morning that I will have to learn to drive (my scooter) and read a map at the same time! :D

When I called Carnival about bringing my scooter on board, they asked a lot of questionsand told me that certain areas were restricted for example around the pool. They also require that you complete a Special Requirements Information form which asks you to provide the dimensions (width, height, length) of your scooter and/or wheelchair.

Great idea Carnival.

Toni

Archived