Advice needed - Alaska next summer

BDL

Hi Everyone - My DH and I are planning an Alaska Cruise for next summer. We're looking at the Radiance leaving June 8th, doing a 3 day tour prior to sailing.

Does anyone have any advice for us? We'd like a balcony and I have 7594 on hold until tomorrow. Any suggestions on cabin choice? Also, can we get a lower price going thru a TA rather than RCCL?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have for us! I've been away from the boards for a couple of years.

Barb

royal caribbean and other cruise lines do not allow travel agents to sell cruises for less than the brochure prices. now a TA may give you an incentive like a bottle of wine or on board credit, but keep in mind that once you book through a travel agent, rcl will not deal directly with you. any questions, changes, etc must go through the TA you select.

did not check the itinerary but assuming this cruise is round trip from the same port, makes no difference which side of the ship your balcony is on.

Thanks leoandhugh-

The cruise is southbound, Seward to Vancouver. Will we be disappointed on the starboard side? Doesn't appear to be any port side left in our price range.

We like to spend time on the balcony, especially when not in port.

Last time on Radiance we had a suite on the Pacific repositioning cruise. It was a special occasion and it wasn't that much more than a balcony. We don't really want to spend that much more for this. (Its a LOT). The concierge lounge was nice , but what we'll save in fare will more than pay for drinks that were free in the lounge.

Has anyone done one of the land tours? Looking at tour #20, but if someone has recommendations...

Thanks!

Archived