Upgrades on Crown?

trn68

Hello, we are booked for an inside suite thru Princess.com for the Jan. 27, 2007, Southern Caribbean 7 night cruise. We tried to book an ocenview cabin, but those were sold out. Princess recommended that instead of being put on a "wait list" for an oceanview cabin, we should buy an inside cabin and ask for an upgrade. That way we were assured of a cabin for that cruise, and that there was a very good possibility of a good upgrade.

I am very excited about this cruise and I have heard alot of good things about the ship and the ports of call. I know we will have a great time even if we do not get an upgrade. Even so, I am curious, what are our chances of getting an upgrade? Thank you!!

Gosh, you mean Princess actually told you there was a good possibility of an upgrade? That is amazing! Upgrades will happen when there are available cabins higher than what you booked that don't sell out. Hard to predict which sailings this will happen on. It does sound like your cruise is rather full, at least in the outside cabin level already.

I wish you the best about getting an uipgrade, but honestly, it is best not to count on them and then if one does appear, it is a great surprise. But I would never book a cruise actually counting on an upgrade, as that is sometimes when disappointments occur.

You might want to keep us all up to date on this one and let us know if you actually were upgraded to a higher category. Usually, upgrades occur within the type of stateroom you book, but there are exceptions to the rule on this one. It is usually inside to a better inside, and outside to a better outside, etc.

It all depends on whether or not the ship is sold out. SOme of the Crown cruises are totally sold out with no available cabins - in cases like that, you would probably not get any upgrade.

That's exactly the situation on our cruise. Waitlisted on every single cabin category, so no one is looking for an upgrade at this point.

At least you HAVE a cabin. Had you waited for the possibility of an OV to open up, you might have missed the chance to have a cabin at all. While an upgrade would be nice, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Wow that's amazing. Our cruise is far from sold out, cabins available in every cat for December sailing. Today there was a price drop, and I know after final payment there is no refund or ship board credit, I tried to at least get to the higher category which is now the same price we paid and was told no. Prices are for new bookings only. I figured nothing ventured nothing gained, which was exactly what I got.

We were on 9/30 Crown. First time on Princess that we were not upgraded.

We did have a fantastic inside cabin on Riviera Deck (14). The cabin is large and well designed. The bedding was excellent. The closet was huge.

We have a friend who works in the purser's office and he said that, on our cruise, crew were assigned to passenger cabins due to shortage.

Have a great cruise! It is a fantastic ship.

Archived