Questions about Vancouver and Serenade of the Seas

:confused: I just booked by first Alaska cruise for June 12, 2005 on the Serenade of the Seas. I have a few questions: Approximately what time will I get off the boat at the end of my cruise and how long is the bus ride from the port to the airport? I was hoping to catch a 1:00pm flight out of Vancouver and was wondering if I could make it. Also, any reviews or suggestions for my Alaska 7 night cruise on Serenade of the Seas? Any "must do" excursions? Any thoughts on a getting a cabin with conceirge service? Any advice or info. would be greatly appreciated!

Just returned a couple of weeks ago from the Serenade. I post a review and if you perform a search you should be able to locate it. Others have posted reviews as well.

I had a 10:20AM flight once we returned and was concerned about making my flight. There is an express checkout option for $15 and they took my bags the night before and I did not see them til I arrived in LA the next day! I was off the ship about 8AM and ready to board my flight about 1 hour later. You should have plenty of time for a 1PM flight.

Hope this helps

I just got back from vancouver aboard the Radiance. I had a flight time of 1:16 and made it to the airport with 3.5-4 hrs to spare.... You'll be fine. We got there so early, the monitors didn't even have or planes gate number up yet.

Usually RCI also offers you the choice to get off the ship early IF you carry all your own bags off.... anyway, 1 pm will be more than fine.. the airport is a 20 minute ride or so..although if I were worried about flights, I would take a taxi..also Vancouver airport gets better and better at handling the huge weekend morning crowds from the cruise ships..but there can still be big unpredictable delays at those times.. but still, a 1pm flight is fine.

If in Juneau, I recommend Coastal Helicopters to go to a glacier, and you can book on your own.

In Ketchikan, I booked a sea plane ride to Misty Fjords national park which was amazing.. through Island Wings Air... ship offers similar, but Island Wings does a much more personal job and longer time landing in the mountain lake, with a chance to walk around..

I was on the Infinity in Alaska.. lots of pics of the ports if you click the link below.

Archived