Garufa Cigar & Cocktail Lounge - Where is it?

Choozin Croozin

Garufa is across the street from El Gaucho downtown. Here is a map which shows the location. Walkable for some people, for some probably not.

I do not know how familiar, if at all you are with Oranjestad to judge the walking distance. With that being said, I would take a taxi anyway. The last time we were down there at night there were "cholers" (Aruba's version of homeless people- mostly drug addicts) around which if you could avoid for the price of a cab fare (probably about $5 each way), why not?

Have never been to Garufa myself so cannot say how it is...

Thanks once again Arubalisa! I figured you'd be the one to come through for me. I think my husband will like this as there is not a "designated" cigar bar on the Brilliance like they have on the Mariner. He unfortunately is into that sort of thing. He goes along with everything else I like to do, so I can do this for him I guess. Just need to bring my gas mask along ;) .

choozin', I should have mentioned, because it did run through my mind, Sopranos Piano Bar. http://www.sopranospianobar.com/Aruba.htm They are located in Palm Beach and from what I have read elsewhere, it gets rave reviews. Their website indicates they offer hand rolled Aruban cigars. I claim no knowledge of cigars, Aruban or others :confused:

Archived