Another "upsell" question...

maddmaxx

Will be sailing next month on the POH... NCL called last week an offered to upgrade us to a mini-penthouse suite from a minisuite for a cool $600... while the image of crusing in the lap of luxury in a mini-penthouse suite sounds cool, six hundred bucks ain't chump change for us poor working stiffs...

Just for grins... has anyone ever sailed on one of the mini penthouse suites... they say they come with lots of perks but didn't really go into a lot of details... also, these suites seem to be located in the front of the boat... someone on this board once mentioned that they didn't allow access to your verandah while the ship was at sea and required that the door to said balcony remain closes... urgan legend or for real?

Any comments based on personal experience would be appreciated... the mini suite seems like it will be more than adequate since I just use the room to crash and shower... too much to do in Hawaii than hang out in a cabin...

I'm really confused as to why they would use the term "mini-penthouse" because it is FAR from mini on the PoH. The category description is "Penthouse Deck" suite. The sizes of the cabins range around 280 to 300 sqft with balconies of more than 200 sqft. This is not mini by any means. The cabin sizes are close to the AD Romance suites and AE Penthouse suites, but the balconies are more than twice the size of the AD's and almost four times the size of the AE's.

Are you sure they called it a "mini" penthouse? It's one of the larger and one of the most expensive categories on the ship.

Personally, we would stay in the mini-suite (AF, I presume) and save the $600 for other fun. I know many consider it an absolute steal and, based on the going rates, it absolutely is. Still, for that price we would be content with the AF on a Hawaii-only itinerary.

beachchick

Archived