No more filet mignon in dining room

craigers

Well,they have finally done it.From now on all of your prime meats will be served in Cagneys on all of the NCL ships.No more filet mignon in the dining room.They will still serve flank steak ,if that makes you happy.I imagine the price at Cagneys steakhouse will creep up.I'm sure this is just the beginning.Lobster will probably be leaving soon,if it hasn't already.Several years ago when specialty restaurants started popping up my wife said this could be the end of the all-inclusive dining room as we know it.Thanks to the people that patronized these restaurants, dining will not be the same.I'm sure other cruise lines will follow.icon9.gif.

Well,they have finally done it.From now on all of your prime meats will be served in Cagneys on all of the NCL ships.No more filet mignon in the dining room.They will still serve flank steak ,if that makes you happy.I imagine the price at Cagneys steakhouse will creep up.I'm sure this is just the beginning.Lobster will probably be leaving soon,if it hasn't already.Several years ago when specialty restaurants started popping up my wife said this could be the end of the all-inclusive dining room as we know it.Thanks to the people that patronized these restaurants, dining will not be the same.I'm sure other cruise lines will follow.icon9.gif.

When you said NCL, I wasn't in the least bit surprised. This cruise line has for some time now been seeking to steer passengers to their alternative dining venues. Best way to do this is to lower the quality of food in the main dining rooms. Of course, this is just one of many cost cutting measures being attempted at NCL and that is just one more reason they are not on my list of cruise lines to consider sailing on. By the way, lobster? Some of their ships are now serving each passenger that orders, a half lobster tail. Yep, you get half, someone else gets the other half; talk about cheap! This kind of thing will continue until passengers begin to voice their displeasure in sufficient quantities.

When you said NCL, I wasn't in the least bit surprised. This cruise line has for some time now been seeking to steer passengers to their alternative dining venues. Best way to do this is to lower the quality of food in the main dining rooms. Of course, this is just one of many cost cutting measures being attempted at NCL and that is just one more reason they are not on my list of cruise lines to consider sailing on. By the way, lobster? Some of their ships are now serving each passenger that orders, a half lobster tail. Yep, you get half, someone else gets the other half; talk about cheap! This kind of thing will continue until passengers begin to voice their displeasure in sufficient quantities.
Oh for heavens sake; you have been on the "I hate NCL" kick too long and don't really know what you are talking about. Not serving Filet (by the way Filets really are not the best tasing steak) does not mean the end of serving steak. They will continue to serve New York, etc. As for the Lobster, you can order 2 or even 3 if you want. Your wait staff will be glad to accomodate you. Don't beleive everything you hear unless you, personally have tried it. NMnita

Craig, I am sure you are correct even though there will still be many types of steak served other than flank. Right now the specialty restaurants on NCL are still running about $15 to $20 per person while all others are $25 to $35.00. I would bet the prices will soon be increased on NCL as well. Don't you think this has to do with the overall pricing of cruises. Keep the price where many more can afford to cruise and let up make our own decisions on where we want to spend our extra money. I personlly like this way, but realize, it is hard for us to accept the changes occuring in the industry.

NMNita

Oh for heavens sake; you have been on the "I hate NCL" kick too long and don't really know what you are talking about. Not serving Filet (by the way Filets really are not the best tasing steak) does not mean the end of serving steak. They will continue to serve New York, etc. As for the Lobster, you can order 2 or even 3 if you want. Your wait staff will be glad to accomodate you. Don't beleive everything you hear unless you, personally have tried it. NMnita

There 'ya go again Nita. Gotta flame anyone that posts anything negative about your favorite cruise line. Do I actually have to sail on one of NCL's ships again and see everything first hand in order to be credible? Isn't this board here to post experiences and share them with others? No, I haven't sailed on NCL in a very long time and I don't plan to because of what I have read on this board and elsewhere. I have also noted that you are the cheerleader on this board for NCL, and that's your choice. I simply don't feel that it is appropriate to flame folks who offer a different view. Oh, and about the 1/2 lobster; that has been posted a number of times on this board by people who had the experience. I have no reason to believe that they were lying. As for the steak thing, my butcher says that the filet is the choicest and most coveted cut of beef available, and is the most expensive!

Craigers... your wife is probably right. The ultimate incarnation of this sad trend is easycruise, where you pay for everything on board. On the other hand, it does make it easier for more and more people to cruise, and it does make for more choices for us all. It looks like the other end of the market is growing too...Seabourne just ordered two new-builds, for the all-inclusive crowd.

Archived