Wedding Cruise Help

Hey all,

My daughter has decided that she wants to be married on a cruise ship. Does anyone know how much advance notice the cruise line needs? Also, will they give you a break as far as cabin prices (I think I have to pay for 4 out of my pocket alone). Thanks for any help and suggestions yall might have.

Jeff

My son was married on the Rhapsody last month. The planning started in December but I am not sure how much time you need. We had over 30 friends and family onboard. The wedding took place onboard in Key West on the second day out. Getting married in a US port was the easiest. Getting married in a foreign port or at sea is a hassle. RCCL has a wedding co-ordinator that apprently did a great job. About a dozen additional guests were allowed to board in Key West for the wedding. Everything went off without a hitch and RCCL did it up right. My only regret is that my darling daughter did not think of this 5 years ago, I could have cut the cost of her wedding/reception by 80%.

What is the proper etiquette for a destination wedding? Who pays for the for the cabins/airfare for the guests? Should the bride’s family pay for the groom’s family? How far in advance would you send invitations?

I can only speak for our case, the bride's father paid for the wedding package and the groom's (us) paid for their cabin. Everyone else paid for their own. Since you can not nail down an exact time (RCCL did not tell us until 1 week before what time the actual wedding would take place onboard) only last mintue notes to those joining us at Key West and not the cruise were needed. You need to give you expected guests as much time as you can inorder for everyone to make there cruise plans. On thing you will note, the friends and family that attend trully want to be with you and spent the cash to prove it. I don't think anyone would go because "they had to". Just to much money involved. We had a wonderful time with 3 generations on both sides making the trip.

My daughter's getting married on The Mariner Oct. 20th while in St. Thomas onboard in the afternoon. We will pay for the wedding and reception but everyone else has paid for their own cabins. There will be 20 of us.

Good Luck.

We depart on the Rhaposdy 10/3 and my FH and I are getting married in Key West in 10/5. We have about 30 traveling with us. My parents are paying for the wedding ceremony and a small dinner reception in Key West. Everyone paid for thier own way. We chose a wedding planner in KW vs RC b/c I encountered very rude people with Royal Romance. This way, I can get married ON a beach(barefoot in the sand) not the ship, but still enjoy the cruise.

My son and daughter-in-law thought the same thing, but remember things can and do go astray, I have been on 2 cruises in last 2 years where we did not make a port of call because of the weather. It can and does happen in Key West. Just something to consisder.

Archived