Portable irons on "Jewel"

Hello all you frequent floaters:D My family and I are sailing for the first time on RCCL and are sailing on The Jewel of The Seas....are we allowed to bring a portable iron on board?...We know that the ship has laundry services however a quick wrinkle touchup would be cost effective in our cabin?...We are sailing on the October 31st Repo out of Boston...love to see you all...oh and to finally meet Freddie at The Champagne Bar?...I read he is a celeb! Eddie;)

clearly state that irons are not permitted on board.

With that said, there will undoubtedly be somebody here on the board within 15 minutes that will tell you it's only a "suggestion" and tell you all you never wanted to know about curling irons, steamers and hairdryers...

Just letting you know what the documents say for my RCI cruise...

:rolleyes:

LL

Hello all you frequent floaters:D My family and I are sailing for the first time on RCCL and are sailing on The Jewel of The Seas....are we allowed to bring a portable iron on board?...We know that the ship has laundry services however a quick wrinkle touch up would be cost effective in our cabin?...We are sailing on the October 31st Repo out of Boston...love to see you all...oh and to finally meet Freddie at The Champagne Bar?...I read he is a celeb! Eddie;)

Well here's the deal: Portable irons are not allowed - because they are considered a fire hazard. You have to send out your clothes for wrinkle touch up. It's a shame because there are cruise lines which have self service laundry rooms with irons. For some reason those irons are not fire hazards.

Some will write and tell you to bring a steamer

some will write and tell you to bring downy wrinkle remover

and some will tell you to pay to have your clothes pressed.

and then there will be some who.....well let's just say this is a "hot" topic.

There - it's all been said.

Now let's close this thread before the fireworks start.

Hello all you frequent floaters:D My family and I are sailing for the first time on RCCL and are sailing on The Jewel of The Seas....are we allowed to bring a portable iron on board?...We know that the ship has laundry services however a quick wrinkle touchup would be cost effective in our cabin?...We are sailing on the October 31st Repo out of Boston...love to see you all...oh and to finally meet Freddie at The Champagne Bar?...I read he is a celeb! Eddie;)

Being that you are new to the boards, Welcome and then read this thread link I am posting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=426524&highlight=Irons

World war 3 always breaks out at the mention of irons on board cruise ships. :eek:

Take a clothes steamer, (Wal Mart for about $12.00,) or the Downy Fabric Wrinkle Release works great.

There - it's all been said.

Now let's close this thread before the fireworks start.

Sorry threeofus, we posted at the same time. ;)

Archived