Zip lines in Puerto Vallarta

liveforvaca

We've done the El Eden Canopy tour - 11 zip lines including the "Predator" which is the fastest in Puerto Vallarta, at up to 50 mph. Lush, tropical setting on a river, with a restaurant. No platforms, every line leaves from the natural ground.

We really enjoyed it, and would recommend it. Of course, Los Veranos is great as well, as so many have attested to, and would give you a great experience.

You guys did the El Eden Canopy tour, right? I had some questions about it that you might be able to help me with.

How far is it from the ship? I know you have to meet at a pick up point then head up there. Is it 3 hrs from the pic up point or 3 hrs when you get there at 11 am?

My thing is I want to do the 11 am tour, but make it back in time to Krystal resort in time for the 70 minute massage before my ship sets sail at 5 pm. I know there is a time difference, but I jus want to see if I can fit both these activities in.

Also didn't know if anyone knows how far it is between El Eden Canopy tour and Krystal resort.

My question, I hear there are great views zip lining. Can you take pictures? If so how? when you have you hands hanging on. I am going as a dare since I am afraid of heights. I pictures myself hanging on, eyes closed screaming, but I love photography. Can anyone help?

My question, I hear there are great views zip lining. Can you take pictures? If so how? when you have you hands hanging on. I am going as a dare since I am afraid of heights. I pictures myself hanging on, eyes closed screaming, but I love photography. Can anyone help?

Yes, the views are spectacular! However, not all tours let you take cameras along. You have to wear gloves on some tours, thus preventing you from holding a camera. Los Veranos DOES allow cameras, but they must have a strap so you can put it around your wrist or neck. I didn't take pictures while I was actually in the air because I was holding onto the handle bar. I suppose you could though because you are secured in the harness. Check out my pictures (Pride #1 album) in my signature.

Hey lougee, have you done that tour? What did you think?

no not yet --- its fairly new and i thought it might be a little less crowded then some of the older more well know ones---- we are booked for january 10

i did the zip on maui last october and loved it -- thats why we are doing it again when we are at pv

Los Veranos will allow you to bring a camera (El Eden and Vallarta Adventures will not), but to be honest, I would recommend leaving it in the locker. This is speaking from experience...I brought ours and tried to take photos, but it ended up detracting from the experience.

While on the zip lines, you will not be able to take photos - not only do they make you put the camera either in your pocket or on your wrist with a strap, but you'll be traveling at speeds of up to 35 mph, which is not condusive to taking photos, plus while you're squinting through your camera, you'll miss all the great views. The lines only last a matter of 30 seconds or so on each one, so you have very little time while actually on the lines to take photos, and you'll find it very stressful actually instead of relaxing and enjoying the ride.

From the platforms themselves, your view of the valley below is mostly obscured by foliage. You can take photos of others in your group zipping, but 99% of the photos will be blurry unless you set your camera for very fast shutter speed, as the people will be traveling fast along the lines. The 1% that are not blurry will likely either be of their back or their feet, or will have them cut off because they are going by fast.

You can take photos of people getting set up on the platforms or walking up the trails, but again it gets a little stressful, I found. They take photos of you on the zip lines that you can buy, which are much better than any you're likely to take, plus they also take a video of your tour that you can buy.

We did El Eden without our camera, and had a more enjoyable overall experience - not that the tour was better (Los Veranos is great) but just because I could relax and enjoy the tour instead of worrying about photos. I bought the photos and video and they were so much better than any of mine, that I would just recommend sticking with that. All that said, you can bring your camera on Los Veranos if you want to, as long as it has a strap. Here are the photos we bought from Los Veranos...

LosVeranos-Johann.jpgLosVeranos-Sandra.jpg

Here are a couple I took during the tour...

lv1.jpglv2.jpg

These were the best of my batch! You see the difference!

After you do the tour, you can take some nice photos of the valley from the restaurant.

Thanks for all the advice and pictures. I think you are right sometimes taking pictures does take away from the event. Don't know how much I will see anyway. I think I might be screaming with my eyes closed. As anyone thrown up on this??? Trust me I am trying ot overcome my issues. Thanks again, January is coming up fast!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, been reading on all this and I just went and booked the Outdoor Experience - Canopy & Rappelling through Princess. So this will be through Vallarta Adventures, correct? Their web site seems to have some of the same words as Princess' excursion site.

Oh man, I've never done zip nor rappelling so I'm excited and nervous. I just told my dh and he's all excited now, said he did rappelling in the Marines and it's a blast. Johann & Sandra, I loved your pics, you make it look like a cake walk, so that eases my fears.

Bummer on the camera, but I understand the reasons. I think I'll bring a waterproof disposable and have it just in case I get a moment to take a shot. Otherwise, it's fun time all the way.

Ok...I have to disagree. I took my camera on Los Veranos and the photos came out great. I got great pictures of my friend mid-zipline and a lot of scenic photos. They allowed me to also take pictures while on the zipline. I held on with one hand on the middle, rather than on the bars. You end up turning to the sides a little bit, but it works. They were ready to come rescue me if I didn't make it all the way across. Those pictures didn't turn out the best...but it was fun trying. I think it was worth it to take my camera, but that's just my opinion.

We just got back from our cruise, and the Outdoor Adventure was fantastic. We booked through the ship for $110, it was an all day excursion. After a long drive this excursion starts with a mule ride up the mountain (easy), 7 double rope and pulley zip lines (new equip, very safe) and rappling down 2 waterfalls. I was nervous to start but once I saw how many saftey measures they take, it was nothing but fun. In fact I wanted a push for some extra speed after the first one or two. The variety was what we wanted, and it was worth every penny.

We will go back and do it again if we have a chance!

Ok...I have to disagree. I took my camera on Los Veranos and the photos came out great. I got great pictures of my friend mid-zipline and a lot of scenic photos. They allowed me to also take pictures while on the zipline. I held on with one hand on the middle, rather than on the bars. You end up turning to the sides a little bit, but it works. They were ready to come rescue me if I didn't make it all the way across. Those pictures didn't turn out the best...but it was fun trying. I think it was worth it to take my camera, but that's just my opinion.

I agree with you...I am so glad I took my camera along. It's true that you can't often capture the actual height of the platforms because your view is obscured by the hills and foliage. But, I still took some good scenery shots that I love looking at now and will remember forever. I wish I had taken pics while I was flying but was too scared!

I have been trying to book the Los Veranos online, but I am not getting a response. Can your company book it for me? If so how do I get ahold of you, I tried googling your website with no luck. Also my mother who is coming along had double knee replacements two years ago and has decent movement with her knees is this tour going to be okay for her? As long as she doesn't have to squat she should be fine. Thanks in Advance.

Hi familyplanner,

One of the other forum members might be able help you with your first question. I need to abide by the rules of the forum for the good of the community. I can help you with your second one though.

The first three platforms have a short spiral staircase to climb, and there is a little bit of uphill walking involved. It's not a physically demanding tour by any means, but if she's had knee operations you will want to consider how good her knees are before doing the tour. I'm not a doctor, and I don't know your mother, so it's very hard for me to make a recommendation on this, but I can give you a description of the tour.

Hope this helps! You'll have a great time on this tour - it's very fun!

We've done the El Eden Canopy tour - 11 zip lines including the "Predator" which is the fastest in Puerto Vallarta, at up to 50 mph. Lush, tropical setting on a river, with a restaurant. No platforms, every line leaves from the natural ground.

We really enjoyed it, and would recommend it. Of course, Los Veranos is great as well, as so many have attested to, and would give you a great experience.

I have a torn Achillies tendon and have to wear a brace on my ankle. Climbing stairs is a little difficult for me but I can make it if there isn't that many... How many stairs would I have to climb to do this? Thanks for all of your help, Denise

I have a torn Achillies tendon and have to wear a brace on my ankle. Climbing stairs is a little difficult for me but I can make it if there isn't that many... How many stairs would I have to climb to do this? Thanks for all of your help, Denise

There are no stairs at all except for on the first three lines on Los Veranos, and El Eden has no stairs at all. However, both canopies do have some uphill walking in between platforms, so keep that in mind. Here's a photo of the spiral staircase at Los Veranos - I think I took this from the ground, so figure about an extra five steps or so than are showing here.

losveranos2.jpg

There are also a few smaller stairs along the pathway between lines.

losveranos3.jpg

However much of the pathway is easier with no steps.

We didn't see any spiders at all.

Hope this helps! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I had some questions about the El Eden Canopy tour that you might be able to help me with.

How far is it from the ship? I know you have to meet at a pick up point then head up there. Is it 3 hrs from the pic up point or 3 hrs when you get there at 11 am?

My thing is I want to do the 11 am tour, but make it back in time to Krystal resort in time for the 70 minute massage before my ship sets sail at 5 pm. I know there is a time difference, but I jus want to see if I can fit both these activities in.

Also didn't know if anyone knows how far it is between El Eden Canopy tour and Krystal resort.

I had some questions about the El Eden Canopy tour that you might be able to help me with.

Hi Mikeycmm,

The pickup point is about 10 minutes by taxi from the cruise port.

It's approximately 3 hours from the pickup point, including transportation to the canopy tour location.

I'm not sure if your ship is on ship time or local time - if it's ship time then you're really in port until six. You should be back to the pickup location about 2:00 PM, and then about 10-15 minutes to the Hotel Krystal, which is just a few minutes from the cruise port. I don't know anything about how the massages at the Krystal work, but those are the approximate timing details.

Keep in mind that El Eden, like Los Veranos, has a restaurant, bar, and swimming area that you can stay and enjoy after the tour. You won't have time to enjoy that part of the tour if you're trying to get to the Krystal.

I hope this helps. Have a great time!

Archived