To Segway or Not To Segway

Bowlersbus

Ok, I've done the search and no one has done the segway lately.

Here are the questions I had -

How far is the ride?

decent?

If you don't want to hang out at the beach - can you ride back?

If you did it - would you do it again?

BTW - sailing over Thanksgiving.

post_new.gif October 27th, 2006, 08:13 PM

pigfishinn user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_8173999", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

We did this in August this year. It seemed like the training (practice) portion was really long (maybe too long) - but it is time on the Segway. The ride down the beach to the snorkeling area was fun. (But there were people that obviously didn't practice enough as they ran off the road on the way). I don't want to scare anyone away because it was fun and no one got hurt. They provide and make you wear, knee pads, elbow pads, helmets which is good. It was just VERY HOT when we went in August. We had to leave the snorkeling portion as we had something else planned. They gave us a voucher to get back into town from where the snorkeling was. Overall we are not sorry we did it. It was fun.

If you have more questions I can answer them for you. Apparently you didn't see this on a different thread about the segway. I don't think August was that long ago.

we were at Dzul Ha two months ago when the Segway group stopped to snorkel. there were about 12-14 in the group that snorkeled about 1-1.5 hrs at Dzul Ha. I talked to some of them and they seemed to be enjoying the excursion. some of them chose to take a taxi back to town(which was provided for them by the segway company). not sure what they did with their segways, but apparantly it is an option to ride back into town in a taxi as opposed to round trip with the segway.

Archived