I bought a pair of crocs tonight!

Toby34

Actually, I already had a pair of the crocs flip flops. I love them but one of my daughters (20) forbid me to ever wear the regular ones. Well, we live in Ohio and I found a pair of Ohio State Buckeyes crocs! I bought them right away. My only question is that I normally wear a 9 and that is the size of my flip flops. In my new ones I bought a medium (8/9). They feel fine but they aren't big like I've heard people say they should be. My husband was waiting in the car so I didn't take the time to try on a bigger pair. Should I have? I'm afraid that if I wear socks they'll be too tight.

Does anyone know if the large is 9/10?

Thank you for your help!

Hi, I work at a store that sells crocs. We don't carry the collegiate styles, so I'm not sure how they are sized. We carry the Beach and Cayman styles, which look similar but are sized differently. We also carry the Hydro, the Islander, the Flip Flops and the Off-Road.

I am assuming you bought either Beach or Cayman, cause those are the "original" type crocs.

The Beach comes in unisex sizes: small, med, large, xlarge, 2x.

The Cayman comes in actual sizes: 8, 9, 10, etc...

In the Beach: I wear a small, which is a women's size 6 to 7 and it's a men's size 4 to 5. However, in normal shoes I am a 7 and 1/2 size. I don't ever wear them with socks.

I don't wear the Caymans, the Beach fit me better. I have 7 pairs, so far.

A medium in the Beach would be a women's 8 to 9.

They are very comfortable. I can't hardly keep them in stock in my store. We plan to carry the collegiate ones soon, except that the minimum order is 140 pairs and that is ALOT of shoes!

Now, I already know they are a fashion "don't". But I am pretty much required to wear them to work. And my feet never hurt, even after standing for 9 hours.

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions, post here or check out crocs.com. By the way, can I ask how much you paid for the collegiate ones? Were they more $ than the regular? thanks!

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the quick post.

I think they must be the Beach ones because on the bottom it says M. Women 8-9/Men 6-7.

I think I am going to like them ALOT but I do think I am going to go back and try on the large size. Do you know the number size for the large?

Do yours fit loosely or should they be a little snug? The strap on the back feels good too. Not loose or anything.

I do think the next size up will probably be too big but I won't stop wondering until I try a pair on.

My 17yr. old daughter said she would probably wear the ones without holes in them. She said that they look more like clogs, its the holes she doesn't like.

I have seen where they have little decorations to put on the shoes thru the holes on top. I would love to make something with some buckeye pins and have them on there.

The regular ones like these were $29.99 but these collegiate ones were $34.99. I didn't think that was too bad.

Thanks for your help!

I have another quick question and I hope this doesn't sound off the wall. Does this type material take on odors? I bowl one night a week and these would be easy to take on and off but it is a very smoked filled environment. I reek when I come home. I don't want them to smell later.

I don't mean any offense to smokers. I'm just not one so I really notice the smell.

Thanks again

I'll try to answer all the questions. But check out crocs.com, too. It's a good website and will probably answer any questions that I can't.

RE: sizes, ALOT of people seem to be in between sizes in the crocs. With the Beach (sm, med, large), I have ALOT of customers who find the med too snug, but then they're swimming in the large. So, if that happens to you, don't be surprised. Then, you may find that the Cayman is for you. My boss, who is a guy, can't wear the Beach, but fits perfectly in the Cayman.

Also, once you find your size, you still need to try them on. I have found that a small does not always fit me the exact same way. They vary from batch to batch.

Re: straps in the back. It's way cooler to NOT wear the strap in the back, just fyi...:D Flip it to the front and wear it like a clog. They won't fall off. I wear mine 40 hours per week, and they have NEVER fallen off in 2 years.

RE: odors: supposedly they are made of closed cell foam and they will NOT retain odors. I always wear mine sockless and I've never had an issue with smelly feet. I put mine in the dishwasher (top rack) every so often (NOT with food dishes) and they come out fine. Some of my customers put them in the washing machine. Check out the website regarding people in medical profession wearing them, I think there's info there about them being able to be sterilized or something. My store sells them to lots of nurses.

BEWARE the knockoffs---I had a customer who said her knockoffs melted in her car.

Re: little doo-dads to put on them. Well, I would never do it, I think it's more for kids. Go to Jibbitz.com for the crocs little doo dad things. My store doesn't sell them, cause we think they're just kind of a fad thing. But that's just my opinion. :)

Thanks for info on the sports teams crocs prices. $34.99 is not bad.

RE: bowling--you can't wear them to bowl in. There is NO slip at all. The shoes were originally meant for boating, so you won't slip or slide around on the deck. Also, the colors will not mark up a fiberglass deck. (The same reason why topsiders have a white sole). But, if you want to them TO the bowling alley and then switch to bowling shoes, they would be fine. I don't think they'll get smelly.

Ok, hope that helps! LMK if you have more???

when I went to find crocs I found the beach models were either too big, or too small...and too small is not good. I moved to a different model and found a pair that fit properly. They are really comfortable when they fit right. I agree though...knock off versions are really NOT the same when it comes to crocs.

Here is what the Crocs website says about fit...

THE PERFECT CROCS™ FIT.

Crocs™ should not fit like other shoes:

They should fit very loosely.

The sides of your foot should not really touch the sides of the shoe.

Your toes should never make contact with the front of the shoe.

Once you have centered your foot on the foot-bed:

You should have about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of space in front of your toes, behind your heel and when you lift the strap you should be able to comfortably get your finger between the strap and heel.

In other words the fit should be “loose”.

I know that this goes against everything that you have ever been used to in a shoe, but these are the parameters that the shoe was designed to be worn under.

No Pressure points Ever!

Oh yah...and they are...

Bacteria and odor resistant and can be sterilized in water and bleach (says the website)

We, I went back to the Hallmark store and tried on the large size crocs. They were way too big. I decided to keep the size I had. I'm sure they will be fine. I also (thanks to Michelle's suggestion) put the straps so they were forward on the shoe. These have the Ohio State logo so I took them off and flipped them around so the logo wasn't upside down.

Now I can't wait to wear them!

I've felt the same way for about a year. I would never try them on because my oldest daughter really disliked them. Then I thought, I am the mother why am I letting her opinions decide what I wear?! So I tried them on and that was the end of that! I pick comfort over looks and now they don't look as bad to me. I guess I don't have to worry about trying to find them and they'll be missing because she's wearing them, like some of my other shoes! We're headed to a bigger city tonight because my youngest wants them without holes. I may have to buy a black pair myself so I can wear them to work.

I am a firm believer in everyone has their own opinion though.

Thanks for sharing yours.

I've felt the same way for about a year. I would never try them on because my oldest daughter really disliked them. Then I thought, I am the mother why am I letting her opinions decide what I wear?!

I was joking, of course. If they really were that comfortable, I'd probably have a pair. I've tried them on, and I don't see anything comfortable about them. The only possible use I would have for them is maybe in the garden. As you said, to each his own. Enjoy.:)

I've tried them on, and I don't see anything comfortable about them.

:eek: really? Wow, I think they are a tad unattractive but finally got a pair and love them... they feel like you are wearing slippers around imho. I totally get people not liking the look...but not finding them comfortable?...huh. (just expressing real suprise at that).

They were real crocs and not knock offs right? Because I have tried on the knock off's and they are not comfortable like real crocs.

I am just looking at a pair of sandal style crocs for my cruise...anyone try them...think they are called "NILE" sandals....???

For me, they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I bought my first pair to wear on the cruise -- much to the dismay of some of the posters on this fashion board who can't stand them. They were either the beach or cayman -- I tried them both on, and can't remember which one I ended up with. My DS (23) also got a pair, and we have both been raving about them.

Now, my DH decided he needed a pair for our upcoming cruise. His are the the slide-in only kind that are more like sandals. So far, he hasn't warn them enough to have an opinion. While we were there getting his, I ended up buying a pair of the non-hole clog ones, which I can get away with wearing to work. So far, they aren't quite as comfortable as my first pair, but I think it's just because they haven't conformed to my foot yet.

Count me in as a member of the crocs fan club :D .

:eek: really? Wow, I think they are a tad unattractive but finally got a pair and love them... they feel like you are wearing slippers around imho. I totally get people not liking the look...but not finding them comfortable?...huh. (just expressing real suprise at that).

They were real crocs and not knock offs right? Because I have tried on the knock off's and they are not comfortable like real crocs.

I am just looking at a pair of sandal style crocs for my cruise...anyone try them...think they are called "NILE" sandals....???

Yes...really. I tried them on again yesterday (happened to be in Dillards) just because of this thread!:D And no - not knockoffs. Honestly, they feel like those darn silly spenco sandals that they give away at our marathons. And I throw those out every time. Just not for me.

Ok, I am possibly considering getting a pair of these, but I have some questions from you Croc lovers out there.

Can these be worn as water shoes? I am doing my second cruise in the Caribbean (which never been yet) and I am looking to get water shoes. If they can be used to swim in, will they feel heavy on your feet? Will they fall off in the Water?

DO you think I can climb Dunn's River Falls in these?

What is the average price for a pair? I live in Orlando and I see them everywhere.

Thanks everyone. If I get a pair of these I may even get the sandals too if I like the other ones.

I discovered that Dillard's has the Crocs Hydro Shoe in the store. I tried them on yesterday but did not get them. I normally wear a size 8 shoe. I have a pair of the Cayman Crocs in a Men's 6/Women's 8 which I like. However, the Crocs Hydro Shoe fits snugger, and my big toe touched the end of the shoe in Men's 6/Women's 8 and the Men's 7/Women's 9 was way too big. I was disappointed not finding a fit for me in these shoes, so didn't buy them.:(

These would probably work great for water shoes if they fit you. If you want to try the Crocs Hydro Shoe, find a store that has them to try on for size. They fit different than the other styles.

Can these be worn as water shoes? I am doing my second cruise in the Caribbean (which never been yet) and I am looking to get water shoes. If they can be used to swim in, will they feel heavy on your feet? Will they fall off in the Water?

They hydro model are their version of a "water shoe" I would think the other models would be pretty likely to fall off in the water.

I paid 35 CND for my crocs. I think the hydos are more...closer to 50? and fyi I think the nile sandals are around $25 (??)

The fit is the biggest issue for me too. I almost didn't bother after buying the beach model and not finding them fitting properly (and returned them)...they were too small and the larger size was way too big. But, I then found the "professional model" that was in regular women's full sizes fit me right. So their men's/ladies multi fit sizing doesn't work for me...only the womens/mens seperate sizing fits me. I wear a half-size, so I think that is why.

They hydro model are their version of a "water shoe" I would think the other models would be pretty likely to fall off in the water.

I paid 35 CND for my crocs. I think the hydos are more...closer to 50? and fyi I think the nile sandals are around $25 (??)

The fit is the biggest issue for me too. I almost didn't bother after buying the beach model and not finding them fitting properly (and returned them)...they were too small and the larger size was way too big. But, I then found the "professional model" that was in regular women's full sizes fit me right. So their men's/ladies multi fit sizing doesn't work for me...only the womens/mens seperate sizing fits me. I wear a half-size, so I think that is why.

Where did you find the "professional model"? Which style of crocs was this? Was it the Crocs Hydro Shoes?

Where did you find the "professional model"? Which style of crocs was this? Was it the Crocs Hydro Shoes?

Got them at a sports store...but no, the professional is a different model from the hydro. If you go to the crocs website (quick search should fine it) there are pics of all the various shoe models (and colors) and it shows which ones have women's and men's actual sizing and which have the xs-xxl sizing that doesn't fit "inbetweeners" as well -at least for me. Now that I have found the size that fits me...I will just order some online from their website... :D

I love all four pair of my crocs....they are incredibly comfortable.....I use the Mr. Clean micro abrasive sponge to clean them, they perk right up. I pay $29. here in Florida..............it's not about the looks, my feet have never been happier, nor my heels smoother, now if I could just find a pair in black with a heel for formal nights:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's funny how our children tell us not to wear the Crocs. Mine told me the same thing, but I have plantar facitis in one foot and I do a lot of cooking at our church kitchen. I have found that these shoes give me the most cushioning. I have tried to order the "Relief", which is supposed to be for people with foot problems, but the color I want is always out of stock. I love the flip flop type ones, too. If you ever wear them you will not go back to regular ones. Go ahead and buy some, after all isn't it time you embarassed your children....:D

DH and I have been wearing Crocs for over 3 years. I have 14 pairs of assorted styles/colors and he has 7. They are manufactured in several different places around the world and the fit is a little different, based on where they were made. So, if a pair of the Beach model doesn't fit just right in one store or color, try again. I absolutely adore the new Mary Jane style.

For cleaning, when we first started buying ours you could only buy them on the crocs.com website. At that time they recommended using Armorall to clean them. That's all we've ever used and it restores them to like-new look.

As far as the Jibbitz decorations go, Crocs Inc. just bought the company so I have a feeling that they will be around for a while.

I'm getting a pair of the Crocs boots for winter! :D

I just went tooling around town today in my latest pair of Crocs (wild aqua blue beachies) and I think I looked like Smurfette, but did I care, not one bit! My tootsies were so comfortable I think I could have done a 5-k walk in them with no problem. I just wish I had had them back in Germany when we were doing all our Volksmarches.

I tried to get my husband to try some but he just turned up his nose at the pair of black conservative (well conservative for Crocs) Beach Clogs I bought him. He said something about no way was he going to put those ugly things on. I have to sort of agree with him a pair of size 13 Crocs are a bit formidible; however, dear son-in-law was delighted to get his father-in-law's spurned shoes. DSIL and I have been walking now and we both agree the Crocs are Da Bomb.:D .

I bought my crocs back in June to wear to work (I'm a nurse who works 12 long dreadful hours), and I ended up starting a wildfire!!!! All the girls I work with had to try them on, and by the end of the week, pretty much everyone was sporting all the colours of the rainbow!!!!!!!:p

Archived