Cunard's Guest Registration Form

berry22192

I decided today to start filling our the Guest Registration Form and I am not a happy camper. At the top of the form is this notice: "This form is required. United States and foreign governments require the advance receipt of guest information as requested below..."

Here are some of the questions asked:

2. HAVE YOU EVER SAILED WITH (mark all that apply) [20 choices of cruise lines follow]

3. HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOUR LAST VOYAGE? [5 choices follow]

5. WHERE WOULD YOU MOST LIKELY SAILED [sic] NEXT (Mark all that apply) [18 choices follow]

6. YOUR HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION ATTAINED [5 choices follow]

7. DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN AT HOME?

8. DURING WHAT SEASON DO YOU PREFER TO SAIL?

9. ANNIVERSARY DATE

Don't the above questions look like Cunard/Carnival is seeking personal and private data under the guise of asking for guest information on behalf of govenments?

There is no notice provided that answereing marketing questions is at the guest's option (Just the opposite: the form says that "Failure to provide this information in advance of your voyage may result in denied boading..." )

At the botton of the form, in small type, is this notice: "Guest data supplied above may be used by Cunard Lines."

Am I the only one who is taking offense at Cunard for slipping in their own questions about my personal affairs while asking for official details of citizenship?

Chris

Hi Berry,

Just pulled out copies of the guest forms that we faxed to Cunard a few months ago. We did not answer any of those marketing questions and all our information for the cruise was in order when we boarded. I agree with you that the marketing information is unnecessary and perhaps an invasion of privacy. Just answer the questions that apply to your cruise and skip the rest. It is important to fax in these forms so you are smart to be doing that. Have a wonderful voyage.

Beth

I decided today to start filling our the Guest Registration Form and I am not a happy camper. At the top of the form is this notice: "This form is required. United States and foreign governments require the advance receipt of guest information as requested below..."

"Guest data supplied above may be used by Cunard Lines."

Chris

Hi Chris,

I did mine on line. Go to the Cunard website, then voyages, then voyage personaliser. Enter the info, including your booking number. The online form does not ask for any of that stuff. Alternatively, you can do it by phone.

I am on the full cruise; are you on for the 108 days or segments? Hope to meet you and other CruiseCritic members aboard.

It's a marketing strategy. You'll get mail from all the Carnival divisions.

Bobby

Hi Chris,

I am on the full cruise; are you on for the 108 days or segments? Hope to meet you and other CruiseCritic members aboard.

Bobby

Hi Bobby, We will be on board the QE2 from New York to San Francisco, so hope that we'll get the opportunity to meet you and other CCers during those 16 days in January. Unlike the 108 day full-cruise passengers, we don't have an assigned stateroom yet. Hope you will keep a journal of your travels and post regularly to this board.

Chris

Hi Chris

My wife and I will see you on board in New York. We will be starting our cruise in Southampton and continuing to Sydney. What caught my I was the fact that you sailed on the original (and the best) Queen Mary in October 1959. The month and year that I was born. Also, my wife and I were married on the original Queen Mary at her new home in Long Beach.

You will find my wife and I in the Chart room listening to the piano most evenings after dinner. We like it over the Yacht club, a bit slower pace and a nice place to wind down at the end of the day.

I look forward to talking to you about your time on the Queen Mary. If you have any pictures I would love to see them.

The only part that IS required by the US customs and immigration is the pre and post cruise info especially in regards to those who are from outside the country. This info is sent to the government. All passenger carriers must collect that data.

I agree that the rest of the form is for promotional purposes for Cunard's marketing department. But is it really all that horrible to fill out? Every other cruise line collects the same info. Sure you can refuse to answer those sections too if you feel you don't want to fill it out.

Hi Bobby, We will be on board the QE2 from New York to San Francisco, so hope that we'll get the opportunity to meet you and other CCers during those 16 days in January. Unlike the 108 day full-cruise passengers, we don't have an assigned stateroom yet. Hope you will keep a journal of your travels and post regularly to this board.

Chris

I will be in the Chart Room around 9:30 and then in the Yacht Club aroun 10:00 after sailing. Looking forward to meeting you. I think I will suggest to the cruise director that they post something in the program of the day.

Archived