1st Cruise - Italy on the MS Veendam, 4/07

Prince3050

Hello to all - New to the forum and new to "cruises". Just booked a 10 day on the Veendam; the "Italian Enchantment" out of Venice on 4/29/07.

This trip is long awaited...our 30th anniversary and like I said, our first ever cruise. I would welcome any and all suggestions or experiences with this ship or information on Italy....

This is a special surpise to the wife, she doesn't even know yet! ;)

Congrats on your 30th.

You two will have the time of your lives.

On our 15th we are going to fly to GB and spend a about a week and then catch an atlantic crossing to come home.

the 20 or 25th will be a med cruise for us.

Grand cruise will have to wait till the youngest is out of HS. 17 years and counting.

I just checked your intinerary, Venice to Venice, in April/May. How absolutely delightful. You have chosen an excellent time of year. Your cruise is very port intensive, exhausing as well as exhilerating. I think you will have the time of your life.

we did the cruise from Rome to Rome last year and really enjoyed every stop. The last day was Naples/Capri and was very exhausting as we chose the long tour of Amalfi Coast. Many others did the long tour of Pompeii and were exhausted. You will love the ports of the Med. but really take advantage of the sea days and relax!

Be sure and spend a few extra days in Venice before your cruise- Its a marvelous city and much can be explored just by walking around in the GREATER area of St Marks. It is such a different kind of city -its worth the exploring and it is EASILY done! You will also be more relaxed as you board the ship if you have at least partially adjusted to the "new" time. Enjoy!!!! Your cruise should be wonderful!

Archived