Coral World/Coki Beach Report/Just Back!

legalwife

Just back and did Coral World and Coki Beach on our own.

If you don't like aquarium type stuff, definitely don't do Coral World. We did enjoy it for what it was but did not take long at all to see it all. We had coupon from internet for $3.00 off so it was $30.00 for two to get in. Taxi ride over was wild and I think it was $25.00 for cab with tip. So we are up to $55.00. We rented a locker ($3.00) at Coral World to put our key, i.d. type stuff in and that was good. You could shower also. Snack Bar there and rest rooms. Walked easily over to Coki Beach to snorkel. Was crowded on the beach but not in the water. Saw a good many fish and enjoyed it but did not like all the vendor stands on the beach. Wanted more pretty and natural, but it sure was convenient for us. Rented fins and vest for $5.00 each per person. People were selling drinks on the beach if you liked.

It truly was convenient, but if you are looking for a beautiful and natural beach experience, don't do Coki. It really was pretty looking out at the water and the water was great, but the beach just did not have the natural setting I was kind of hoping for, but traded off for the convenience. Once in the water, it was fine. The vendors weren't really hassling you, they were just there and messed up the "picture". :) Just my opinion, you know...

Archived