Baggage transfers

Chorts

Does Carnival offer automatic baggage transfers to select airlines? On some lines, if you are on certain airlines and traveling after a certain time, your luggage will be picked up from the ship (for a small fee) and delivered to the airline and the next time you see it will be at your home destination. I was wondering if Carnival offered this service.

I'm surprised some of our more experienced cruisers have not jumped in with an answer to your question. I suspect someone who knows will jump in sooner or later.......

I'm not sure, but doubt it. Seems the customs clearance requires citizens returning to the US to claim their own bags. An alternative may be to tip a porter to take your bags to and from a cab?

Good question though, I'll be watching for the answer and there is always Carnivals 800 number if no response out here.

Happy travels !

I can't remember which cruiseline, but there was one advertised in the airport last week, for cruises to Hawaii... It wasn't Carnival but I would think all the cruiselines will jump on this soon!! VERY convenient!! There is a fee involved, but I would think it would be well worth it! I don't think it is available for the return trip... I guess it could be once you checked your bags through customs...

On Celebrity. We signed up for the service, $10 PP, the baggage tags and boarding passes were provided to us from the front desk. Our luggage went outside the room just as you always do. The next time we saw our luggage was when we got to our home airport at baggage claim. Simple and great. For us it was especially nice because we ended our cruise in Seattle and our flight wasn't until very late afternoon. By using this service, we were able to enjoy Pike's Market and other sights around town without having to worry about our luggage or dragging it with us.

I do believe Holland America also provides this service. You must be flying with one of 2 or 3 airlines that are in the program and your flight couldn't be before 12:30 I believe. In Seattle the airlines were American, Delta and United. If no one is able to give me the info here I'll have to break down and call customer service :D . I'd much rather get the info from here, the horse's mouth, than call CS ;) .

I brought this back to the front in the hopes that some regulars who may have missed this just might an answer for me. This was buried pretty far back:D and if most are like me, they don't read that far back. Don't know if this is a no-no or but but guessing I'll find out :D

Royal Caribbean had this when we sailed on the Voyager. It was for flights using american Airlines for flights after 1pm.

I dont know if I would use this service or not. You do leave the bags outside your door.. and dont see it againt til you arrive at home.

#1-- how do you know where a bag was lost if you dont get them all when you do arrive? I mean someone could have taken it from the hall and you will never know til after you got back home-- then what?

Archived