Halloween on Cruise

sha88

We are sailing next October on the Explorer during Halloween and I was wondering if any recent and/or past cruisers have experience on this. Do people dress up in costumes in the dining room on Halloween night (I believe the night it falls for us is not formal night) or are there Halloween based costume contests, etc.? We have a nearby store that is putting all their costumes on 50% discount tomorrow and I thought it would be kinda fun to buy some costumes for our cruise. Thanks for any info!!:)

Hi!! We just got off the Jewel on Halloween day. 2 days before they decorated the ship for Halloween in different areas. The last night they had a Halloween Trivia, and a Halloween Bash (50s and 60s music). About 30 people had costumes. It was very festive. I think if more people knew in advance (there was nothing discused anywhere about the holiday being celebrated), more people would have got into the spirit of it. I decorated my cabin door. I am sure the Explorer does the same and I would grab that sale stuff now!!!!

th_DSC00567.jpg

th_DSC00565.jpg

I've done 2 Halloween cruises. Both times they had the deck party on Halloween and tons of people dressed up. I don't recall anyone dressing up for dinner but after dinner there were plenty of people dressed up. It's so much fun seeing how inventive some of the costumes are!

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for the replies! I did buy a Superman costume for my husband and a Flapper costume for me (yikes, I will be an old flapper lady, though!:eek: - all at 50% off, so we willl dress up no matter what. Will October 2007 ever get here!:D

Archived